Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Error trying to run Hello_osgi in Local emulation mode(Error trying to run Hello_osgi in Local emulation mode)
Error trying to run Hello_osgi in Local emulation mode [message #1776727] Mon, 20 November 2017 19:53 Go to next message
Mario Torre is currently offline Mario TorreFriend
HI!
I am a absolute newbie using Kura / OSGi. I followed step by step the Hello World example published in Kura's documentation.
Here's my environment:
Intel NUC (i5) running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Java "1.8.0_144"
Eclipse Oxygen.1 Release (4.7.1)
Downloaded Kura Workspace user_workspace_archive_3.1.0.zip

I went all the way through the Hello World steps. Once I got into "Testing the OSGi Plug-n", I realized that the file Kura_Emulator_Linux.launch was not under src/main/resources (org.eclipse.kura.emulator project). That .launch file is in the launch_configs instead!

I selected that Kura_Emulator_Linux.launch, right clicked, selected "Run As..." and then selected "Kura_Emulator_Linux". I get an error message windows with the following phrase:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching Kura_Emulator_Linux".
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.isModularJava(Lorg/eclipse/jdt/launching/IVMInstall;)Z

What Am I doing wrong? Is my environment not compatible?
Please advise,
Thank you,
Mario
Re: Error trying to run Hello_osgi in Local emulation mode [message #1777363 is a reply to message #1776727] Tue, 28 November 2017 20:47 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
sorry for the late reply.

You are right the launch scripts got recently moved to a different folder. Probably our documentation needs an update.

Regarding you issue, I've found this link: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=526208
that seems to show the same exception and seems to be related to Eclipse.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:OPC/UA & Modbus in Kura
Next Topic:Http
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 21 05:55:50 GMT 2018