|After migration/update, Tomcat says "The main resource set specified [...] is not valid" [message #1775829]
||Mon, 06 November 2017 22:25
| David M. Karr
Registered: July 2009
I have two Gradle webapps projects in my workspace that I've been running in Eclipse in Tomcat 8.5.11 for quite a while. I recently had to have my laptop reimaged. My workspace was restored, but I believe it removed any jar files or executable files in the copy (not going to rely on that process again).|
I haven't changed any of the code in either project in quite a while, but today I added one dependency to the build.gradle, for a new capability that I need. I verified that the project builds from the command line successfully.
I reinstalled Eclipse and I believe I've now installed all the plugins I require. I added a new Tomcat distribution (8.5.23) and I added the two projects to the server instance. When I start the server, i see errors like this:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The main resource set specified [...\workspace-oxygen\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp2\wtpwebapps\combinedAtgUslMonitorGUI] is not valid
The contents of that "wtpwebapps" directory shows the following two entries:
The last one is the second of the two apps.
I noticed that something edited my "server.xml" file in the server definition, adding the following:
<Context docBase="combinedAtgUslMonitorGUI" path="/combinedAtgUslMonitorGUI" reloadable="true" source="org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.server:combinedAtgUslMonitorGUI"/><Context docBase="combinedAtgUslMonitorService" path="/combinedAtgUslMonitorService" reloadable="true" source="org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.server:combinedAtgUslMonitorService"/></Host>
In the console output, I don't see a similar error message for "combinedAtgUslMonitorService", but I also don't see log lines that make it seem like it successfully deployed that project (or the GUI one, for that matter).
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.03421 seconds