Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » PDE does not contain plugin / fragment options(Installed Eclipse and PDE was part of the package but does not contain plugins or fragments)
PDE does not contain plugin / fragment options [message #1775408] Sun, 29 October 2017 21:41 Go to next message
Scott Vallery is currently offline Scott ValleryFriend
I downloaded and installed the Eclipse IDE Oxygen. It comes with PDE installed. However, when I attempt to perform some of the tutorials, particularly using the SWT plugin, this plugin is not listed, nor are there any plugins available to install -- nothing is listed. When I search the Internet, all that comes us is how to install PDE or what it is. I can't find anything on how to setup PDE to list all the plugin options to install for my project.

Thanks
Re: PDE does not contain plugin / fragment options [message #1775413 is a reply to message #1775408] Mon, 30 October 2017 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Can you show some screenshots where you're stuck?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: PDE does not contain plugin / fragment options [message #1775495 is a reply to message #1775413] Tue, 31 October 2017 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Np! Hopefully I attached correctly.

The screen shot of the SWT tutorial is what I was trying to do. Nothing was in the PDE view to add until I went to Help > Install New Software > pictured in the 2nd screen shot. Even then, what appeared in the PDE and what the tutorial stated I should see are different. When I went back to the "Install new software" again to see if I missed loading the wrong SWT, it says I have loaded all the available PDE tools. So I'm not really sure I'm doing something correct.

Thanks!
Re: PDE does not contain plugin / fragment options [message #1775496 is a reply to message #1775413] Tue, 31 October 2017 01:06 Go to previous message
Np! Hopefully I attached correctly.

The screen shot of the SWT tutorial is what I was trying to do. Nothing was in the PDE view to add until I went to Help > Install New Software > pictured in the 2nd screen shot. Even then, what appeared in the PDE and what the tutorial stated I should see are different. When I went back to the "Install new software" again to see if I missed loading the wrong SWT, it says I have loaded all the available PDE tools. So I'm not really sure I'm doing something correct.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:View source error
Next Topic:clone git, create work space, import project, build and run using single plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:41:41 GMT 2024