Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Container Drop -> Create Edge View(NullPointer on parentDDiagram)
Container Drop -> Create Edge View [message #1775025] Mon, 23 October 2017 15:43 Go to next message
Zoe Tsekas is currently offline Zoe TsekasFriend
Hello,
I have tried to follow the instructions based on https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/general/Model_Operations.html#created_edge_view

but I am getting a NullPointer on function createEdgeView on the line DDiagramSynchronizer dDiagramSynchronizer = new DDiagramSynchronizer(interpreter, parentDDiagram.getDescription(), extPackage);

the property parentDDiagram is null

Can you provide an example how to Drop an edge from the Model Explorer?
Re: Container Drop -> Create Edge View [message #1775068 is a reply to message #1775025] Tue, 24 October 2017 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

I am not sure to understand your need. Dropping an edge does not mean something to me.
If you have a semantic element that represents an edge then you have a mapping in your diagram to represent it and as soon as the semantic element is created, then it will be visible without drag&drop.

Regards,

Pierre

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Container Drop -> Create Edge View [message #1775073 is a reply to message #1775068] Tue, 24 October 2017 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoe Tsekas is currently offline Zoe TsekasFriend
Hi Pierre,
thx for the quick reply.
I was getting a bit confused with the edge synchronization. I had it as "Not synchronized" as I would like to remove Edges from my diagram "soft delete" and I tried to implement a Container Drop and add Create Edge View.
I was getting the NullPointer exception, but once I added a Change Context with var:element and then added the Create Edge View the issue was resolved.
Re: Container Drop -> Create Edge View [message #1775084 is a reply to message #1775073] Tue, 24 October 2017 12:34 Go to previous message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Ok I understand better. I am glad you found the solution.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Change help expressions in Properties View in Sirius Diagram
Next Topic:Programmatically call Arrange Selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:10:44 GMT 2024