Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PDT for Prestashop(This is helpful for working with Prestashop and PDT)
PDT for Prestashop [message #1774903] Sat, 21 October 2017 02:28 Go to next message
Diamond Gate is currently offline Diamond GateFriend
I had a lot of trouble installing Eclipse and PDT on my system with Prestashop. It took two days, largely because all the tutorials I could find were out of date (written in 2011, it's 2017 now) and various steps they included were no longer necessary, broken, or irrelevant. I wanted to write my process here so it could be improved upon (via wiki) as time goes on.

1. Install Eclipse without PHP plugin ("Eclipse Classic"). This will give you a complete Eclipse, which I find preferable, as the UI is more fleshed out (e.g. you get a default list of Perspectives, which helps you understand what Perspectives are.)
2. Install PDT SDK with the Help > Install New Software menu item. You'd think you'd be done here, but if you try to run something, it'll fail complaining of not having a debugger.
Install the Zend Debugger. It'll fail if you try to use the Install New Software option, as many tutorials suggest ("No repository found containing osgi.bundle.org.zend.php.debug.debugger.5.3.7.v20091116".) Instead, download it from zend, and manually copy the features/ and plugins/ directory into your Eclipse install (these instructions are not written anywhere).
4. Restart Eclipse
5. Install this Prestashop blog module: pro blog
6. Monkey with preferences for a while -- if you followed a previous tutorial and tried to manually add your php executable to Eclipse prefs (/usr/bin/php), remove it (PHP > PHP Executables). Set one of the Zend Debugger executables to the default. If you've already tried to execute a .php file, remove the existing "Run" profile you (maybe weren't aware that you) created (Run > Debug Configurations...).
7. Eclipse works! You should be able to run a .php file as a script just fine.

Do any one have better solution for this? or some ideas or suggestion?

Thanks
Re: PDT for Prestashop [message #1782699 is a reply to message #1774903] Wed, 28 February 2018 02:14 Go to previous message
Eric Aiken is currently offline Eric AikenFriend
Could you elaborate a little more on installing the SDK. I'm new to both eclipse and prestashop. I'm trying to modify GPL module and went head first into it. I like the framework and want to learn more about developing in it.

Thanks in advance.

Eric.
Previous Topic:Why are there different code style formatting active profiles?
Next Topic:No code completion or recognition on remote PHP files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:04:58 GMT 2024