Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Open Compare Dialog with rebase
Open Compare Dialog with rebase [message #1774661] Wed, 18 October 2017 11:55 Go to next message
Luis Mata is currently offline Luis MataFriend
Hello,
I am trying to open a conflict resolution dialog for a JGit rebase command.
I found this page but I am afraid I am not understanding the examples correctly.

In the end-to-end examples, what are the "left, right, ancestor"? I know they represent the local, remote and ancestor, but what kind of Notifier should they be and how can I create them?
I have access to the RevCommits of each one of these elements, can I use them somehow to create this comparison dialog?

One other thing, it seems that I cannot find the EMFCompareEditingDomain, was this replaced for something else?

I am probably missing some information... So any help or information provided would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Luis Mata
Re: Open Compare Dialog with rebase [message #1775091 is a reply to message #1774661] Tue, 24 October 2017 13:32 Go to previous message
Philip Langer is currently offline Philip LangerFriend

Hi Luis,

are you using EGit or are you manually do your git operations directly in JGit and handle the IDE integration yourself? So, when you say "conflict resolution dialog for a JGit rebase command", do you mean you already started the git rebase, ran into a conflict, so the git rebase did already put your repository in a conflict state?

I'm asking because instead of developing this dialog yourself, you could just use the EGit integration of EMF Compare. With this integration, if there is a conflict -- whether caused by a rebase, merge, or cherry-pick, the user already can run the Model Merge Tool to resolve the conflicts, then stage the model, and continue to conclude the rebase, cherry-pick or merge.

The action in EMF Compare that does that is the org.eclipse.emf.compare.egit.ui.internal.actions.ModelMergeToolAction.

See collaborative-modeling.org and e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSCfYAukYgk

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,

Philip

--
Philip Langer

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Merging UML models with different profile versions
Next Topic:Changelog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:57:36 GMT 2024