Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Objectteams » OTDT takes a break during Oxygen.1a
OTDT takes a break during Oxygen.1a [message #1774463] Sun, 15 October 2017 20:59 Go to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
I should have posted this before the Oxygen.1a release, obviously:

I have spent all the time I had at hands in helping the JDT team to get Eclipse ready for Java 9. At the end of the day, a huge patch had piled up, which I did not have the time to merge into OTDT.

I pulled OTDT out off the simultaneous release, but later I realized, that several install paths exist, where an older OTDT and JDT from Oxygen.1a would interfere with each other. Please don't try that combination. IOW: for use of OTDT please stay at Oxygen.1 (without Java 9 support).

Some good news, however: yesterday I did the big merge and it looks like only a few things got broken by that operation. So, OTDT should be back on the train by Photon M4 at the latest and also in time for Oxygen.2.

Sorry for any inconvenience, please stay tuned, thanks,
Stephan
Re: OTDT takes a break during Oxygen.1a [message #1774692 is a reply to message #1774463] Wed, 18 October 2017 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hans Mackowiak is currently offline Hans MackowiakFriend
so how long do we need to wait until Eclipse is working again?
currently i can't do anything with Java. i can't open Java files, nor can i run Projects
Re: OTDT takes a break during Oxygen.1a [message #1774754 is a reply to message #1774692] Thu, 19 October 2017 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hans Mackowiak wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 18:17
so how long do we need to wait until Eclipse is working again?
currently i can't do anything with Java. i can't open Java files, nor can i run Projects

I am confident to have OTDT back on track by Photon M4 / Oxygen.2, but in your situation, please don't just wait for an update of OTDT.

Instead, you should go back to Oxygen.1 (without "a").

If you reached the current state via updating, then go to About Eclipse > Installation Details > Installation History. Select the last working configuration and press Revert.

If you want to do a fresh install, you may have to do some URL engineering, I'm afraid. E.g., find your favorite package from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/
Let's assume you opt for "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers ". Find that the link is https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/oxygen1a now simply remove the trainling "a" and from the right hand side of https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/oxygen1 you should find the download links corresponding to different platforms.

This looks awkward and I'm surprised myself that Oxygen.1 is no longer advertised. Still I hope the above helps and apologize for the situation.
Stephan
Re: OTDT takes a break during Oxygen.1a [message #1777040 is a reply to message #1774754] Thu, 23 November 2017 22:52 Go to previous message
Good news: I have good OTDT builds, that are compatible with Oxygen.1a+ and also (mostly) compatible with JDK 9.

For the eager, you may install a release candidate from http://download.eclipse.org/objectteams/updates/ot2.6/staging which is frequently updated as I'm crunching the remaining test failures.

OTOH, I can now promise that a compatible version of OTDT will be contained in Oxygen.2 (publicly available Dec. 20th).
Stephan
Previous Topic:Upcoming tests including Mockito
Next Topic:How to build OT/ODTD and Equinox from GIT repository?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:38:35 GMT 2024