Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Sizing nodes wrt ports : just can't get it work
Sizing nodes wrt ports : just can't get it work [message #1773925] Fri, 06 October 2017 15:09 Go to next message
Benoit VIAUD is currently offline Benoit VIAUDFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to define layout strategies for Sirius diagrams and I just can't get it work.
I want to have a nice distribution of ports (and labels) along my node.
I use the nightly build 0.3 (171006).
Here is the structure of my diagram and the different configurations on the 3 boxes.
I use simpler layout algorithms (BoxLayout or FixedLayout) for nodes that don't have complex structures.

index.php/fa/30929/0/

And here is the result displayed by the Layout view:
index.php/fa/30930/0/

As you can see, ELK tries to distribute the ports on the west side but it doesn't trigger a resize of the node.
I al not sure that the 'Node Size Options' / 'Node Size Constraints' of the node hosting the ports is correctly working.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 October 2017 17:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sirius & ELK : just can't get it work [message #1773932 is a reply to message #1773925] Fri, 06 October 2017 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit VIAUD is currently offline Benoit VIAUDFriend
Note : Things are going slightly different when 'ELK layered' is used instead of 'Bos Layout'.
When I try to explicit a constaint on 'Node Size Constraints' (e.g. PORTS), I've got the following error:
index.php/fa/30931/0/

Is it possible to specify a side from the 'Layout view' through a set of options? Or is it programatic only?

Set aside this issue, with 'ELK layered' or 'Box layout', if I have a correct size for the node (e.g. playing with a laaaarge padding value) , then the algo manages to place the ports according to the other options (i.e. 'Port Spacing', 'Port Alignment'):index.php/fa/30932/0/

[Updated on: Fri, 06 October 2017 16:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sirius & ELK : just can't get it work [message #1774027 is a reply to message #1773932] Mon, 09 October 2017 11:36 Go to previous message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Hi Benoit,

as you found out only ELK Layered currently invokes the code that is responsible for resizing nodes based on ports and labels. In a final product, assigning port sides and generally configuring layout appropriately should be done programmatically through a custom layout setup. However, the layout view should allow you to set port options (such as its desired side) upon selecting a port.
Previous Topic: Eclipse ELK vs GEF
Next Topic:Layout parts of a diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:36:04 GMT 2024