Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to best implement the <<Derive>> edge in Papyrus?
How to best implement the <<Derive>> edge in Papyrus? [message #1773217] Sun, 24 September 2017 23:09 Go to next message
Brad Crochet is currently offline Brad CrochetFriend
In Section 7.7.3.3 of the UML specification, <<Derive>> is mentioned as a specialization of <<Abstraction>>. I can't find Derive on the Palette, and its got me wondering if this is by design, i.e. is there some reason that relationship should not be used?

If not, what is my best bet for making Derive available (I've already looked through the Palette settings)?

Thanks a bunch!

[Updated on: Sun, 24 September 2017 23:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to best implement the <<Derive>> edge in Papyrus? [message #1773302 is a reply to message #1773217] Tue, 26 September 2017 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
<<Derive>> is a stereotype from the standard profile that may be applied to an <<Abstraction>>
Elements coming from standard profile aren't present in Papyrus UML Palette

You have to create your own palette to get Derive in a palette
Re: How to best implement the <<Derive>> edge in Papyrus? [message #1773355 is a reply to message #1773302] Tue, 26 September 2017 17:52 Go to previous message
Brad Crochet is currently offline Brad CrochetFriend
Yep, there it is just like you said. I actually didn't know one could define one's own palettes...I'm going to look into that later.

Thanks for your help!
Previous Topic:Time Observation notation
Next Topic:Reverse Engineer Java Plugin doesn't create associations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jan 17 22:18:15 GMT 2018