Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » After importing projects to new system: Program file does not exist
After importing projects to new system: Program file does not exist [message #1773179] Fri, 22 September 2017 19:36
Dáire Fagan is currently offline Dáire FaganFriend
I have been away from CDT for awhile, but I am trying to restore my old projects to a new system, with a fresh install of Eclipse on a new system. I configure the workspace, and when nothing will open, I delete the projects (but leave them on disk) and then manually open projects from file system, this works for Java.

Instead, when I try to run I receive the error:

Launching Variable Assignment has encountered an Error

Program file does not exist
/mnt/freedom/Insync/eclipse_workspace/linux/abc123/B L3.1 Variable Assignment/Debug/L3.1 Variable Assignment not found
/mnt/freedom/Insync/eclipse_workspace/linux/abc123/B L3.1 Variable Assignment/Debug/L3.1 Variable Assignment not found

To try and resolve this, I right click on the source file, and select Build.

Console output:

20:35:05 **** Building Selected Files of configuration Debug for project B L3.1 Variable Assignment ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
gcc -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o src/variableassignment.o ../src/variableassignment.c 

20:35:05 Build Finished (took 594ms)

When I try to run again I receive the same error.

This is probably something simple I need to change or have forgotten to do to this clean install of Eclipse?

[Updated on: Fri, 22 September 2017 19:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse does not prompt for file selection when navigating through C/C++ elements
Next Topic:Can't run c code after building it: Launch failed. Binary not found.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 16 09:21:38 GMT 2017