Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Resolve conflicts with egit: Files marked as untracked in the Unestaged Changes
Resolve conflicts with egit: Files marked as untracked in the Unestaged Changes [message #1772085] Tue, 05 September 2017 11:48 Go to next message
Victor Doors is currently offline Victor DoorsFriend
I´m trying to use egit to resolve conflicts:

In the command line when I do git status I see that there is a conflict:
-> # Unmerged paths:
-> # (use "git add <file>..." to mark resolution)
-> #
-> # both modified: <conflictedFile>.java

However when I open eclipse Git perspective, Git Staging View-> Unstaged Changed the <conflictedFile>.java is marked as untracked. So I cannot continue resolving the conflicts.
Does anybody does know why? How can I see the conflicted mark in the file under Unstaged Changes?

Thanks.
Re: Resolve conflicts with egit: Files marked as untracked in the Unestaged Changes [message #1772166 is a reply to message #1772085] Wed, 06 September 2017 08:59 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
I don't know; I've never seen this happening. What Eclipse and EGit/JGit version is this? What exactly are you doing: rebase or merge?

Is the repository on which this occurred public, and can you give precise steps (what to checkout, what to modify, commit, merge/rebase) to reproduce this? If the repo is not public, would it be possible that you could reproduce this with a small test repo that you could share?

What does the repository state show (for instance the project label in the project explorer)?

As work-arounds for your current problem state, there's a few things I'd try:

• Refresh the staging view.
  • Open the file and search for the conflict markers in the file ("<<<<<<<", "=======", ">>>>>>>") and resolve the conflict manually, then save.
  • Abort the rebase, or do a reset hard to the state before the merge, and re-try.

Previous Topic:egit "connection refused", but msys/git works
Next Topic:Indicator that upstream branch has updated?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 21 06:51:39 GMT 2018