Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » "no such file or directory" error when trying to build FORTE using gnu toolchain (make)
"no such file or directory" error when trying to build FORTE using gnu toolchain (make) [message #1771958] Fri, 01 September 2017 14:05 Go to next message
Marc Jakobi is currently offline Marc JakobiFriend
Hi.

I have followed the tutorial for cross compilation of FORTE between Windows and the Raspberry Pi 2 (see https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/documentation/html/installation/raspi.html#crossCompilingLinux).

So far, it all works fine, but when I navigate to the raspPi folder in the Windows command prompt and attempt to build it with make, I get the following error:

[ 51%] Linking CXX executable forte
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/build.make:16646: recipe for target 'src/forte' failed
make[2]: *** [src/forte] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:137: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have attempted fixes suggested on StackOverflow, such as moving the project to a location with a shorter directory and restarting to make sure the PATH variable was added correctly.
I'm also not sure if it can't find a project file or if it can't find the c++ compiler. But it looks more like the compiler isn't found.
Has anyone encountered this issue before and found a fix?

Edit: Typing
 arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ --help 
into the command window lists the options, so Windows definitely recognizes the compiler.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2017 14:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "no such file or directory" error when trying to build FORTE using gnu toolchain (make [message #1771961 is a reply to message #1771958] Fri, 01 September 2017 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Jakobi is currently offline Marc JakobiFriend
Reinstalling the GNU Toolchain for Windows fixed the issue.
Re: "no such file or directory" error when trying to build FORTE using gnu toolchain (make [message #1771969 is a reply to message #1771961] Fri, 01 September 2017 20:12 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Good because with that error message i wouldn't have any idea how to supporttyou.
Previous Topic:Rpi 3 - Blink experiment
Next Topic:Connecting OPCUA server with Client (UaExpert)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:01:39 GMT 2024