Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » XML Schema Definition (XSD) » Get cvc-complex-type.3.2.2 error in some, but not all, maven POM files
Get cvc-complex-type.3.2.2 error in some, but not all, maven POM files [message #1771151] Tue, 22 August 2017 14:23 Go to next message
Steinar Bang is currently offline Steinar BangFriend
I get the following error in two of my maven pom.xml files, but not in other pom.xml files in the same workspace that, as far as I can tell, have identical XML declaration and document element attributes:Quote:
cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'xml:space' is not allowed to appear in element 'project'.

The problem occur in Eclipse Neon with JDK 8 on a Windows 7 machine.

I get the same problem in two separate git worktrees from the same git repository, in two separate eclipse workspaces (indicating that it's probably not something cached in the workspace).

I have also checked the Validation settings in the project properties of the projects that don't fail (in case I had suppressed the error without remembering it), but the "Enable project specific settings" checkbox is unchecked.

The pom.xml files that gets the error, are:
ukelonn.api/pom.xml and ukelonn.bundle/pom.xml

POM Files that don't get the error, are ukelonn.bundle.db.liquibase/pom.xml, ukelonn.bundle.db.test/pom.xml, ukelonn.bundle.db.postgresql/pom.xml, and ukelonn.tests/pom.xml

As far as I can tell the schema location is the same for the files that fail as for the files that don't fail.

One difference is that the ukelonn.api file has <packaging>bundle</packaging> and the ukelonn.bundle has <packaging>war</packaging>, but I can't see how that should affect the XSD validation of the <project> element (and removing <packaging>bundle</packaging> in the ukelonn.api/pom.xml file didn't remove the error).

Does anyone know why I get the error in only two of the pom.xml files, but not in the others?

Thanks!

- Steinar

[Updated on: Tue, 22 August 2017 14:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Get cvc-complex-type.3.2.2 error in some, but not all, maven POM files [message #1771173 is a reply to message #1771151] Tue, 22 August 2017 15:42 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
That message doesn't come from the XSD model's implementation. Likely it's from Xerces. Probably it's better to ask on the Web Tools forum about it.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:XSD Error
Next Topic:XSD assert
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:44:59 GMT 2024