Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Marketplace Client Project » Exclusions from Market Place Client(policy to filter plugins from search results)
Exclusions from Market Place Client [message #1770927] Fri, 18 August 2017 20:10
Mario Voehl is currently offline Mario VoehlFriend
I've posted this in the Eclipse Foundation forum (message #1770922) as I consider this as a more or less legal decision. There I got the hint to post this question here as well:

Some plugins, especially my plugin anqu method is not found by the Market Place Client. As I'm informed plugins are not found if they are not open source.

In the moment, my plugin is free to use at no costs at all. I do not want to make money with it. But I've invested time and money in creating and promoting the plugin. Now I heard that some potential users gave up because the Market Place Client could not find it. It is of course available in the online version of the Market Place.

I wonder if the policy could be changed so the search can find any plugin. There could pop up a message when trying to install the plugin directly (hinting to the update site).
Previous Topic:Marketplace Favorites as p2 Repo
Next Topic:"Permission denied: connect" while openning Marketplace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:42:45 GMT 2024