Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Passing a parameter to ATL file(How to pass a parameter to an ATL file)
Passing a parameter to ATL file [message #1770821] Thu, 17 August 2017 12:12 Go to next message
Inaki Berrio is currently offline Inaki BerrioFriend
Hello all!

I am doing a program to make transformations between two metamodels with an ATL plugin. I already made some basic transformations and everything works. But, I am in a point that the user (the one that is going to use the program), needs to select an object of the source model. Like this, the transformation will be different depending on the selection.

So I need to pass a parameter, with this selection, to an ATL file, as if it was a parameter in a constructor in Java. I don't know if I am explaining well enough.

If there is no chance to do so, I will appreciate any kind of help, please.

Thanks so much!

Regards
Re: Passing a parameter to ATL file [message #1779060 is a reply to message #1770821] Sun, 31 December 2017 15:29 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

You can provide an additional input model with the parameters in there. As you're packaging your transformation within an interactive Eclipse plug-in, you can create this additional input model programmatically, and just add it to the launch configuration.

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:Get a spreadsheet from ecore metamodel
Next Topic:STP BPMN to BPMN 2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:37:30 GMT 2024