Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » failed to install CDT package from downloaded zip(cdt-9.3.1.zip not accepted by Help/Install New Software ...)
failed to install CDT package from downloaded zip [message #1770575] Mon, 14 August 2017 15:45 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
I've downloaded cdt-9.3.1.zip. I've installed Oxygen Eclipse Java EE IDE for Webdevelopers. I have a Mars.2-CDT running (do not remember how I installed it) What now to get CDT 9.3.1 up and running?
(tried to enter the cdt-9.3.1.zip in installation dialog - without success)
(On this computer I am not allowed to install from Market Place or from a URL on the internet)
CDT to be installed on Win7.

What wonders me: the .zip-file does not hold content.jar or artifacts.jar in its top-most directory but in a directory called "repository". Is that .zip-file suited to be used by Eclipse Help/Install New Software ... ?
When I try to I get
Could not find jar:file:/C:/Users/.../cdt-9.3.1.zip!/ leaded by a white cross in a read circle.

Appreciate any help.

Rolf

I also tried just to copy the content of plugin and feature directory from cdt-9.3.1.zip to the same directories of Eclipse Oxygen (eclipse-jee-oxygen-R-win32-x86_64). Starting Eclipse led to problems with the features. See the attached log file.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 August 2017 16:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: failed to install CDT package from downloaded zip [message #1770582 is a reply to message #1770575] Mon, 14 August 2017 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi Rolf,

Thanks for finding this problem and letting us know. It looks like the zip files have an extra level in them. We'll correct it for the 9.3.2 release (I don't know if we can fix the already released zip).

To use the zip, unzip it and then point at the repository directory that was in the zip file.

HTH
Jonah
Re: failed to install CDT package from downloaded zip [message #1770584 is a reply to message #1770582] Mon, 14 August 2017 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PS you can download a fully bundled C/C++ for Eclipse environment from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-cc-developers/oxygenr (choose download links on the right).
Re: failed to install CDT package from downloaded zip [message #1770594 is a reply to message #1770584] Mon, 14 August 2017 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
Thank you Jonah for providing the link. That worked strait away. Keeping Java and c++ IDE apart - at least for the project browser - seems also a good idea to me.

Hmm - saying that - I could have seperated the IDE environment by workspaces.

(I did a backup of plugin and features of jee installation, hence I was able to undo my trials to fit cdt into jee)

[Updated on: Mon, 14 August 2017 17:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: failed to install CDT package from downloaded zip [message #1770612 is a reply to message #1770594] Tue, 15 August 2017 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rolf,

If you are having trouble installing Java and C/C++ in the same installation because you are behind a firewall, one thing you can do is download the two independent full Eclipse installs, one for JEE one for C++ and then combine them.

Steps:
1) Unzip both downloads
2) Start one of them (doesn't matter which, but it will become the one that contains everything)
3) From the File menu -> Import
4) Choose Install -> From Existing Location
5) Select the other install for "From[..]", select what you want to import and continue the wizard until done.

HTH
Jonah
Re: failed to install CDT package from downloaded zip [message #1778621 is a reply to message #1770575] Mon, 18 December 2017 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Schuilenburg is currently offline Alex SchuilenburgFriend
Just for completeness, if you still prefer to reference the original file to install CDT, you can tack on the "repository/" directory to the end of the jar specification and it will still get you there.

i.e. "jar:file:/C:/Users/.../cdt-9.3.1.zip!/repository/"

Hope this helps.
Re: failed to install CDT package from downloaded zip [message #1780797 is a reply to message #1770612] Sat, 27 January 2018 15:05 Go to previous message
Yu Sugawara is currently offline Yu SugawaraFriend
Hi, I was trying to do similar stuff (installing Eclipse+Java+C++ behind a firewall) and the steps Jonah explained worked well. Can I ask how to do the same thing from the command line? So that I can automate the process.

I just tried the following command to see if I can use the installed eclipse as a repository. But this just failed.
eclipse -nosplash -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository 'file:[path-to-another-the-other-eclipse]' -list 'Q:everything.select(x | x.properties ~= filter("(org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.group=true)"))'
Previous Topic:plz help me on a mac currenlty
Next Topic:Crashing with In pixman_region32_init_rect: Invalid rectangle passed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:25:54 GMT 2024