for adding a custom symbol to a SysML block. It works when I use a PNG file, but when I try with an SVG, I get a "Uncaught exception in transaction pre-commit task" Error (full details in the attached text file). I tried with another, even simpler, SVG file, and got the same type of error (though with slightly similar details). I've included the original SVG I'm using as an attachment.
the problem is caused by the SVG file or rather by the absence of proper error messages, if Papyrus can't handle some SVG elements.
(1) The units must be in pixels, not in MM. This is a Papyrus bug: NPE if SVG unit is not in pixels, eventually also a bug in apache.batik - but rather not, since I've already a work-around. See also the following forum thread.
(2) The Eclipse SVG support does not like the "flowRoot" tag in your file. If I remove it (see attached file) and change the units to pixels. the SVG file is shown.
Okay, I may have jumped the gun a little, as I am now not able to reproduce the success I had with Ansgar's file. To be very clear, the file LinFit.attempt.svg is the file LinFit.svg with the following performed on it within Inkscape:
1) Set Units to Pixels within Inkscape by going to File -> Document Properties -> [Page Tab] -> [Custom size Section] -> Units: px. Expand the "Resize page to content..." option and hit the Resize button.