Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Can fetch size be made to propagate to subqueries made for BatchFetchType.JOIN
Can fetch size be made to propagate to subqueries made for BatchFetchType.JOIN [message #1769861] Fri, 04 August 2017 09:21
Jonathan Lawson is currently offline Jonathan LawsonFriend
I asked this question on stackoverflowbut without responses as yet: stackoverflow.com/questions/45490459

I'm accessing entities A, each of which has a one to many collection of a few Bs, each of which has in turn a few Cs each of which has a few Ds.

Each of the collections has annotation BatchFetch specifying JOIN, and this seems to work fine, pulling the As, Bs, Cs and Ds in one query each.

Now, for performance reasons, I'm applying a hint for JDBC_FETCH_SIZE to the query on A. This seems to work for A, but the automatically generated sub queries for B, C and D appear to use the default fetch size of 10, which is a performance bottleneck.

Am I right that this is the likely explanation of the subqeries taking much longer than the main one, despite pulling roughly the same amount of data?

Is there any way to persuade eclipselink to use the larger fetch size for the subqueries too?

Any other suggestions?
Previous Topic:How to close entity manager/ DB connection / unit of work when EntityFetchGroup is used
Next Topic:How do I insert into the bridging table for many to many tables ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:28:58 GMT 2024