Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » [Xtend] Activate Xtend Java generation in plain Maven Project in Eclipse
[Xtend] Activate Xtend Java generation in plain Maven Project in Eclipse [message #1769755] Thu, 03 August 2017 07:35 Go to next message
Hauke Fuhrmann is currently offline Hauke FuhrmannFriend
Hi there,

I want to write a maven plugin with using some Xtend classes in that plugin.

Thus I created a maven plugin project following the maven tutorial: https://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-java-plugin-development.html

So I created a maven project by using the corresponding maven archetype for maven plugins.

Now I want to add xtend-Files to my project and make Eclipse convert them to plain Java as it does for normal Eclipse Java Plugins. How do I activate that behaviour?

By adding xtend classes, the Eclipse editor automatically adds the Xtext-Nature and adds some Xtend-library to the classpath. However, there is no builder or so added to the project and nothing is generated on xtend-file save.

Any hints?

Cheers,
Hauke
Re: [Xtend] Activate Xtend Java generation in plain Maven Project in Eclipse [message #1769758 is a reply to message #1769755] Thu, 03 August 2017 07:44 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
in double you can rightclick the project and select convert to xtext project.

do you have already xtend maven plugin configured for the project?
do you have eclipse maven integration installed?
org.eclipse.xtend.m2e which comes with xtend should then do this configuration for you (am note sure about if and how it configures the builder)

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Bi-direction (EOpposite) in Xtext
Next Topic:modify the signature of "doGenerate" function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:18:22 GMT 2024