Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » There is no local or imported definition with name(LTE, TTCN3, TITAN, RRC)
There is no local or imported definition with name [message #1769300] Fri, 28 July 2017 19:32 Go to next message
taqi raza is currently offline taqi razaFriend
Dear Experts,
I am also new TTCN and TITAN. I have followed the example given in [https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1769027/#msg_1769027] but cannot compile the source code used in that example. I have attached that code with few changes.

I made following changes to Makefile.am.sample" within EUTRA_EncDec folder.
CFLAGS += -I.
$(TARGET): ${OBJS}
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -DPDU=DL-CCCH-Message -o $(TARGET) ${OBJS} $(LDFLAGS) $(LIBS)
.c.o:
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -DPDU=DL-CCCH-Message -o $@ -c $<

and then run "make -f Makefile.am.sample" within EUTRA_EncDec folder. The code compiled successfully (no errors).

But when I run "make" within /bin folder, i get following errors:

error: Cannot recognize file `RRC_ConnEst.ttcn' as an ASN.1 or TTCN-3 module. Use the command-line switch `-A' or `-T' to set its type.

error: Cannot recognize file `RRC_ConnRel_C2K.ttcn' as an ASN.1 or TTCN-3 module. Use the command-line switch `-A' or `-T' to set its type.
... and so on.

To resolve this I commented default COMPILER_FLAGS and used -T instead in Makefil at /bin folder.
#COMPILER_FLAGS = -L -l -d -M
COMPILER_FLAGS = -T
Note that I am only compiling one TTCN module
TTCN3_MODULES = RRC_ConnEst.ttcn
and also commented ASN.1 modules to suppress -A errors.

However, I get following errors

can you please let me know where did I make mistake.

RRC_ConnEst.ttcn:1176.5-70: error: There is no local or imported definition with name `f_EUTRA_PreliminaryPass'
and so on ...

Can you please guide me how to resolve these errors and compile basic TTCN3 functionality (using TITAN)

thank you.
taqi
Re: There is no local or imported definition with name [message #1769315 is a reply to message #1769300] Sat, 29 July 2017 09:26 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi taqi,

to start with, your Makefile is inconsistent: it should contain all ASN.1, TTCN-3 and C/C++ files to be used in compilation;

to achieve this , you should for instance create symlinks to all files in the bin directory and then run

makefilegen *.ttcn *.asn *.cc *.hh *.c  *.h

This will generate the appropriate Makefile.

For your compilation to be consistent you will need all the external code written in C/C++ such as codecs, test ports, external functions.
If any of these is missing, compilation will fail.
Please read this post:
About compiling 3GPP and ETSI test suites
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1087046/

for more info.

Assembling an LTE test suite and writing the test ports, codecs etc. is rather complex, it's long hours of work and requires a degree of familiarity with ASN.1 , TTCN-3 , C/C++, Titan itself and so on,
hence is definitely not something I'd recommend for a beginner.

Best regards

Elemer

Previous Topic:Eclipse Titan and the dilemma of PER-encoding
Next Topic:Support for MongoDB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 20 15:37:45 GMT 2018