Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » java.lang.NullPointerException while converting DynamicEntity(java.lang.NullPointerException while converting DynamicEntity)
java.lang.NullPointerException while converting DynamicEntity [message #1769258] Fri, 28 July 2017 10:15 Go to next message
Udhayakumar R is currently offline Udhayakumar RFriend
Hi ,

I am using eclipselink-2.5.0.jar.I am getting the Null pointer exception while converting xml data into DynamicEntity in very rare scenario.
When I try same that again ,I am not getting the exception.I dont know what is happening.Please suggest.
Re: java.lang.NullPointerException while converting DynamicEntity [message #1769494 is a reply to message #1769258] Tue, 01 August 2017 04:08 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
I don't think there is much we can suggest for a random NPE, not without more information like the stack trace, what you are doing before hand etc. You might try debugging and checking the code to see what might be null at the point of the exception, and trace back to find out where it should be set. If it is internal to EclipseLink, try turning on logging to finest and see if there are warnings that might help indicate a problem.

Best Regards,
Chris
Previous Topic:DDL & DTO
Next Topic:History Tables for Entities using Single_Table Inheritance Strategy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:38:55 GMT 2024