Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Strange nested part stack behavior when minimize button is pressed
Strange nested part stack behavior when minimize button is pressed [message #1769225] Fri, 28 July 2017 04:58
Maximus X is currently offline Maximus XFriend
Hi,
I'm wondering if somebody has encountered this behavior and knows what a fix would look like. In my e4xmi file I got the following structure

- Part Stack
-- Part

- Part Stack
-- Part
-- Part
-- Part
-- Composite Part
--- Part Stack
---- Part
---- Part
-- Part

Above, there is a Part Stack nested under a Composite Part which itself is nested under a Part Stack. Looks like the innermost part stack under the composite part does not follow the minimize/maximize behavior of the parent part stack its nested under. This is very visible if the outer part stack containing the four parts and the composite part is maximized - this action causes the composite part to be minimized (!!) into its own Trim Bar instead of maximized together with the other children of that part stack. Essentially it disappears from view and goes into a trimbar.

One "workaround" I thought of is using a single Part and a TabFolder, but this is not ideal for other reasons. Has anyone encountered this behavior and knows a possible workaround to have the inner part stack minimize and maximize only according to the part stack its nested under?
Previous Topic:RCP Project Project Explorer - Unable to create class CompatibilityView
Next Topic:Close all MPlaceholders referencing the same MPart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:31:57 GMT 2024