Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » maven emf ocl artifacts
maven emf ocl artifacts [message #1768743] Sun, 23 July 2017 10:57 Go to next message
Bert Brecht is currently offline Bert BrechtFriend
Hi,

im returning to the OCL topic after more than 10 years and found obviously the EMF-OCL project as the most promising to restart again with it.

http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.ocl.doc%2Fhelp%2FGettingStarted.html <= seems to be always up-to-date and the right place to start for the standalone setup?

I tried to start the standalone configuration, but then I was catched again by getting the artifacts into a maven build (worked around for the time being with building the cloned git locally).

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Services/Nexus#Releases_Group <= told me

"This URL is recommended if you just want to pull in releases from any project hosting artifacts on repo.eclipse.org"

But I got not luck so far with "https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/releases/" as an additional repository declaration in my maven environment. So, is there an EMF-OCL repo somewhere else and if so, can i use it?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Bert
Re: maven emf ocl artifacts [message #1768744 is a reply to message #1768743] Sun, 23 July 2017 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

EMF-OCL has moved on a long way. Now Eclipse OCL.

I am still waiting for the dummies guide to how to publish Eclipse projects as Maven artefacts and so if you want Maven you will have to provide things yourself.

Eclipse OCL supports standalone execution using JAR files, that just happen to be packaged for alternative use as OSGI bundles.

Regards

Ed Willink

Re: maven emf ocl artifacts [message #1768779 is a reply to message #1768744] Sun, 23 July 2017 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bert Brecht is currently offline Bert BrechtFriend
Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll build them locally.

Just one other question hijacking this thread, Eclipse OCL has at least two different "modes":

1. OCLinEcore
  2. Classic Ecore

IIUC, OCLinEcore works only, if im able to manipulate the target Ecore model, right? If im receiving the target Ecore frequently with changes and Im not able to make changes upstream, I need to go for the second approach, as the OCL integration is done outside the Ecore model?

brgds & tia,
Bert
Re: maven emf ocl artifacts [message #1768819 is a reply to message #1768779] Mon, 24 July 2017 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

I strongly recommend that you at least skim the OCL documentation to understand the difference between

Classic Eclipse OCL (very stable, not that different to EMF OCL). Some evolution such as selectByKind has been backported.

Pivot/Unified Eclipse OCL (evolving, extensible, modeled, prototype solving may of the major OCL problems)

Most UI functionality uses the Pivot OCL and Xtext. OCLinEcore is a UI for Ecore with embedded OCL, the editor uses Pivot OCL, however you can choose in the OCL preferences whether subsequent execution uses Pivot or LPG/Classic. If you choose to code generate your embedded OCL directly to embedded Java then this uses the Pivot OCL.

If you only want to use Eclipse OCL, just install using Window->Install New Software...

If you want to extend Eclipse OCL you must decide whether stable bugs or evolving fixes are better suited to you usage.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: maven emf ocl artifacts [message #1776597 is a reply to message #1768819] Sat, 18 November 2017 10:50 Go to previous message
Hi

The Eclipse OCL builds have now moved to use Maven and Tycho; it is therefore possible to do a full build (apart from signing) locally (Run->Run Configurations...->Maven Build->Build OCL Distribution - Nightly/Interim/Stable/Oxygen/Photon)

Builds should start being available from https://repo.eclipse.org starting at Photon M4 in mid-December. Once that is available I'll consider a late provision of Oxygen.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Can we capture Exception/Error Message from console in Finish block?
Next Topic:Let expression in OCL without specifying type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:11:59 GMT 2024