Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » IRenderTask#getPageNumber return wrong values for DOC (PDF is correct)
IRenderTask#getPageNumber return wrong values for DOC (PDF is correct) [message #1768672] Fri, 21 July 2017 08:40 Go to next message
Alex Volodko is currently offline Alex VolodkoFriend
Hi!

I need to get the page numbers of document's bookmarks. When the report is rendered as PDF, IRenderTask#getPageNumber return the correct page number. But if the document is rendered as DOC file, the page numbers are not correct.
But also the layout is not the same (at least page brakes are missing in DOC).

I am not sure, if this is rather a bug in BIRT or I have done a mistake anywhere, since I am new to BIRT REPORTS.
Please find a simple report test.rpttemplate (using sampledb) and SSCCE SSCCExample.java where the described problem can be reproduced.
Please note, that you have to use the java file in order to see the problem, as the page numbers appears only on the second rendering of the document.

I have to use birt report 3.7.0, but I have also tried it on 4.6.0, where exactly the same problem can be observed.

Can please someone take a look on the problem?
Many thanks in advance!
Re: IRenderTask#getPageNumber return wrong values for DOC (PDF is correct) [message #1768708 is a reply to message #1768672] Fri, 21 July 2017 19:55 Go to previous message
Alex Volodko is currently offline Alex VolodkoFriend
The problem is partially solved. The "trick" is to add following option to the render task:
option.setOption(IRenderOption.HTML_PAGINATION, true);

But now the table have a wrong layout: the part of the table, which takes one page in PDF is geting 1.5 page in DOC. But after this table snippet there is a forcen page break. So basically there is again a problem with page numbers if the table cells have long values and are wrapped.
Previous Topic:Graphic Master Page
Next Topic:Display data from DataSet on every page header and footer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:00:11 GMT 2024