Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Unable to get data from extensible entity using Odata (Get request on the extensible entity doesnt work )
Unable to get data from extensible entity using Odata [message #1768669] Fri, 21 July 2017 07:54
Tripti Malviya is currently offline Tripti MalviyaFriend
Hi Team,
We are working on implementing an application using Olingo (2.0.6) , Springboot (1.3.2) and eclipse link(2.5.0).
The application expects entities to be extensible the user should be able to add the columns to the entities in the runtime.
I used the @VirtualAccessMethods as mentioned in the documentation (http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/documentation/2.5/solutions/extensible001.htm)
The steps mentioned successfully adds the field to the entity in the metadata and also I'm able to save the data in the database programmatically.

I am facing two issue with the implemention -

Issue 1 - When I try to do a OData GET request on the extended entity I get an error saying the getter method for the field is missing in the entity. Though ,the extension map contains the data fetched from the database but it is not mapped to the field name in the metadata.

Example --- I added a field 'thebirthplace' in my entity(General_data) mapping to a field EXT_1 in the table. When I make a GET request (localhost:8080/mdm/General_datas) I get the following error

"org.apache.olingo.odata2.jpa.processor.core.access.data.JPAEntityParser:.mdm.entity.General_data.getThebirthplace(). "

The question is do we need to do the reverse mapping too . Field name -> attribute name. Or am I missing something? Also , I did not get the refreshmetadata() in methods available for my EntityManager instance.

Issue 2 I am putting the mapping in the eclipselink-orm.xml file which is static. Is there a way to do this on runtime? So, the user can give a field name of his choice and it gets the mapped to the available empty column of the database table.

Could anyody please direct me towards the solution?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Tripti
Previous Topic:SQL Server session Settings
Next Topic:Persist with secondaryTable from non PK field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:58:00 GMT 2024