Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Graphic Master Page(I need my footer to be only on the bottom right, and Simple Master Page won't do ...)
Graphic Master Page [message #1768642] Thu, 20 July 2017 21:06
Jason Steinbach is currently offline Jason SteinbachFriend
Hello everyone,

I am in abit of a pickle.

I have been asked to create a Birt Masterpage, in which our companies customer wishes to have the Footer on the bottom right side of the page. By this, I mean it should literally be a little block on the bottom right, and any text that is longer in the content, should float to the left around the footer.

I have tried today for hours to try to get it to work with the Simple Master Page, and did some research. So I looked in the ROM and noticed that the Simple Master Page gets its attributes from the "Master Page" itself. I also notice there is a so called "Graphic Master Page", and the description offered there gives me hope.

So I begin searching the net for the Graphic Master Page and find only snippets of how awesome it supposedly is, and that it could indeed be the solution for my problem, but I do not find any way of how to use it.

When I create a new master page it just automatically creates a simple one, and when I even go so far as to attempt to delve into the raw XML and switch it, Eclipse simply tosses errors in my direction, letting me know that it was hopeless to try.

Can anyone send some information my way, or at least help me find a good source of info on this Graphic Master Page? That would really be awesome.

Incidentally, if you have any other options on how I could solve that problem, please feel free!

Thank you!

Jason
Previous Topic:(semi)duplicate values
Next Topic:IRenderTask#getPageNumber return wrong values for DOC (PDF is correct)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:07:43 GMT 2024