Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Packages in Papyrus(Problem with creating packages)
Packages in Papyrus [message #1767888] Wed, 12 July 2017 01:23 Go to next message
Ana Claudia Lima Costa is currently offline Ana Claudia Lima CostaFriend
Hi,
I'm working with models Product Line Architecture and when I try to create one, I can't. When I click in the diagram appears two times "Create Package" and neither of them works.
I really need some help.
Thanks!
Re: Packages in Papyrus [message #1768327 is a reply to message #1767888] Mon, 17 July 2017 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
what is Product Line Architecture? could you explain?
Re: Packages in Papyrus [message #1768345 is a reply to message #1768327] Mon, 17 July 2017 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Patrick,

the term "Product Line Architecture" is often used in the case, the architecture covers the architecture of a whole product line including all its variants. So a "Product Line Architecture" most likely uses a mechnism to perform variant handling like for example package import (UML 2.5 specification chapter 7.8.11 PackageImport) or package merge (UML 2.5 specification chapter 12.2.3.2 PackageMerge) or some proprietary, vendor specific mechnism.

BTW, the PTC Integrity Modeler sales droids use the term "Product Line Architecture" in almost every second sentence ...

[Updated on: Mon, 17 July 2017 17:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Packages in Papyrus [message #1768358 is a reply to message #1768345] Mon, 17 July 2017 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

To add to what Carsten stated, I've also heard the term in a larger context when determing the "kind" of variability to use with and across product lines, e.g., variability by boundary (e.g., API, Comm protocol, etc.), variability by composition, Dynamic/static, etc. One could argue that some are similar, but their usage may vary.
I've also heard this mentioned in terms of governance, especiallly in industries that have more than one variability "dimension" (e.g., within a product line, across complementary product lines, within a supply chain). In some respect, some of these discussion bordered on enterprise architecture.
And then again, I've heard is used as a synonym for product line management.

/Charles Rivet
Re: Packages in Papyrus [message #1768361 is a reply to message #1768358] Mon, 17 July 2017 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ana Claudia Lima Costa is currently offline Ana Claudia Lima CostaFriend
Yes, Product Line Architecture is exactly what Carsten has described.

I use class diagrams to modeling the PLA. and I need to know if there is an hindrance to create packages in this type of diagram in Papyrus. I don't know if there is a maximum number of packages, or there is something else that hinders this creation
Re: Packages in Papyrus [message #1768502 is a reply to message #1768361] Wed, 19 July 2017 14:02 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
I am not aware of any exlicit limitations. Furthermore Papyrus features a mechanism to subdivide a model into submodels. This mechanism uses the lazy loading to shorten start-up time and lessen memory usage.
Previous Topic:How to create a uml profile?
Next Topic:C++ generation is missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 20 09:02:52 GMT 2018