Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Passing Environment Variable to Headless Launch
Passing Environment Variable to Headless Launch [message #1767440] Thu, 06 July 2017 06:19 Go to next message
Hendrik Buender is currently offline Hendrik BuenderFriend
Hello,

during my buckminster build I start an eclipse application via buckminsters launch command. In order to run the application properly I need to set some environment variables such as MAVEN_HOME and GRADLE_USER_HOME.

So far I tried to pass the variables like this

launch --launch "org.foo.bar/launcher/${build.name}.launch" --stdout --stderr -DGRADLE_USER_HOME="${build.location.project}/gradle"  -DMAVEN_HOME="${build.location.project}/maven" 

Unfortunately, that is not working.

Is there a way to pass environment variables to the launch config or do I have to change the launch config itself? The latter is not my favorite option, because I only need to change the environment variables when I am running the build on the CI Server.

Any help appreciated.

Thank in advance,

Hendrik

Re: Passing Environment Variable to Headless Launch [message #1767481 is a reply to message #1767440] Thu, 06 July 2017 10:47 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
In your launch configuration (xxx.launch file), on the "Environment" tab, you can set "Append environment to the native environment" - in fact, I think that's the default.

You should then be able simply to set the environment variables in your shell before running Buckminster. Remember that you need to export var=val so that the environment variable is inherited by the sub-process (Buckminster).

Matthew
Previous Topic:Could not acquire the framework manipulator service
Next Topic:Target platform is not found in content directory in mac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:14:53 GMT 2024