Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » RCP 3 Fragment does not resolve classes in the host
RCP 3 Fragment does not resolve classes in the host [message #1767147] Sun, 02 July 2017 12:03 Go to next message
David Wynter is currently offline David WynterFriend
Hi,

This is driving me crazy.

Here is my MANIFEST.MF

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: EDMUI Drools Eclipse
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.example.ui.drools.eclipse;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-Vendor: Example
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.ide;bundle-version="4.3.2"
Fragment-Host: org.drools.eclipse;bundle-version="5.2.0.YR"
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.7

None of the classes that are in the org.drools.eclipse;bundle-version="5.2.0.YR" are visible in the fragment code. I tried adding it explicitly as a Require-Bundle: but the IDE helpfully tells me this is redundant.

org.drools.eclipse exports the sources so these should also be available to the fragment.

So how do you get the Host classes to be resolvable to the fragment?

Thx

David
Re: RCP 3 Fragment does not resolve classes in the host [message #1768235 is a reply to message #1767147] Sat, 15 July 2017 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just love the fact I have spent weeks over the last 10 years trying to understand what p2 is doing. How you can start Eclipse then changing nothing, restart it and suddenly none of the classes declared in your targetplatform are resolved on the classpath. Sometimes I have to destroy a Bundle or Feature and rebuild it from scratch using exactly the same dependency bundles and source files to get it to work, because somehow p2 has got itself in a mess and can no longer resolve dependencies, for no apparent reason.

And apparently no one knows what to do about it, I don't see the committers chipping in with suggestions. I am really tired of this.

[Updated on: Sat, 15 July 2017 09:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RCP 3 Fragment does not resolve classes in the host [message #1768548 is a reply to message #1768235] Wed, 19 July 2017 21:46 Go to previous message
I opened the plugin.xml in the native editor, I clicked on the Overview tab and saw a link called "Update the classpath settings". On clicking this the Fragment that extends this Host plugin resolved all classes from it on the classpath.

p2 is still a big time waster though.
Previous Topic:How to create projection support with contributor class MultiPageEditorContributor
Next Topic:How do I install the PDE examples?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:35:05 GMT 2024