Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Proper way of consuming third party javafx components in Efxclipse RCP
Proper way of consuming third party javafx components in Efxclipse RCP [message #1767118] Sat, 01 July 2017 13:18 Go to next message
Jeyhun MAMEDOV is currently offline Jeyhun MAMEDOVFriend
Hi

I have problems with using third party javafx components with my efxclipse rcp application.

For example ControlsFX. First I used p2-maven-plugin from reficio. Application fails because ControlsFx imports com.sun.* packages not published by EFX. I have tried to add these internal packages to my setup through sistem bundle fragment. Failed again. Then I have tried to bundle all dependencies of component (all jars) to one bundle (with extracted classes and without them / just jars). This method works but breaks css skins of components. So any css and skin operation like caret or icons missed.

I have tried libraries like RichTextFX, ControlsFX, JideFX, JFXtras ... Every time same result. All these libraries work under normal Maven JavaFX application setup. Obviously I am doing it wrong way. What is the right way??!!

Please help.
Re: Proper way of consuming third party javafx components in Efxclipse RCP [message #1767331 is a reply to message #1767118] Tue, 04 July 2017 16:52 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
I'd say in theory it should work if you exploded the original jars - I worked in the JavaFX 2.x timeframe with Richard Bair on a solution to load custom skins in an OSGi-Env. IIRC some of our customers are using ControlsFX in their application but I can not directly comment on that
Previous Topic:Invalid Thread Access
Next Topic:@PostConsturct not always called
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:25:31 GMT 2024