Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Can ELK be used to layout Papyrus Diagrams ?(ELK and Papyrus)
Can ELK be used to layout Papyrus Diagrams ? [message #1766950] Thu, 29 June 2017 03:52 Go to next message
Eric Mouchel La Fosse is currently offline Eric Mouchel La FosseFriend
Hi All,
This is Papyrus user question:
I use papyrus to create UML diagrams.
I installed elk with hope to apply the automatic layout cleanup, but when I am on a Papyrus Diagram editor, I don't see any ELK or Menu for relayout,
I wonder if the feature is supported and If I should invest more time to make it work,

question: is ELK usable with Papyrus diagram editor?
any example of usage would be great,

Thanks in advance,
Re: Can ELK be used to layout Papyrus Diagrams ? [message #1767028 is a reply to message #1766950] Thu, 29 June 2017 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Hi Eric,

ELK is not supposed to work out of the box as a tool for end users. Instead, tool developers can integrate it into their tools. We had a Papyrus integration for an older version of ELK once, but that doesn't work with the current version. I believe that the Papyrus developers are or have been working on a new integration, though. You should contact them to inquire about its state. :)

Cheers,
Chris
Re: Can ELK be used to layout Papyrus Diagrams ? [message #1782833 is a reply to message #1767028] Fri, 02 March 2018 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sébastien Gérard is currently offline Sébastien GérardFriend
Hi Guys,

I m happy to announce that, thanks to Quentin Lemenez, if you install the nightly of Papyrus and EMK, you can now use ELK with Papyrus :-)

Best,
Sébastien.
Re: Can ELK be used to layout Papyrus Diagrams ? [message #1782841 is a reply to message #1782833] Fri, 02 March 2018 11:38 Go to previous message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Hi Sébastien,

that's excellent news!

Would you mind me taking a screenshot at some point and mentioning Papyrus on our website?

Cheers,
Chris
Previous Topic:Graphiti Connection and ChopboxAnchros
Next Topic:applying ELK for dot files to layout the diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:14:40 GMT 2024