Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Change in Neon - packages taken from target platform instead of the workspace
Change in Neon - packages taken from target platform instead of the workspace [message #1766234] Mon, 19 June 2017 05:28 Go to next message
Vasil Panushev is currently offline Vasil PanushevFriend
I have an OSGi project XYZ and a target platform. The target platform exports a package "com.foo".

Situation before Neon :
if there was a workspace project ABC representing one of the bundles in the platform and exporting "com.foo", then XYZ implicitly used this workspace project as classpath.

That way when I change/add/delete a class in package "com.foo" the it became automatically available in XYZ. Also when I ctrl+click on a class from "com.foo" then the Eclipse used to navigate to the class in project ABC.

Since Neon however this is no longer the case. The target platform has absolute priority. E.g. navigating brings me the .class file from the bundle in the target platform. Changes in projects are not reflected to others. Instead I have to rebuild the whole target platform in order to get them.

Was this an intended change? Is there an option to switch to the old behaviour?
Re: Change in Neon - packages taken from target platform instead of the workspace [message #1766277 is a reply to message #1766234] Mon, 19 June 2017 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I seem to recall there was some such change, but I think the latest Neon.3 update and the Oxyg en streams fixed that. (It's a PDE question, not a JDT question.)

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Change in Neon - packages taken from target platform instead of the workspace [message #1766284 is a reply to message #1766277] Mon, 19 June 2017 20:39 Go to previous message
Vasil Panushev is currently offline Vasil PanushevFriend
Seems to work! Thanks a lot! It was really a pain to open the class manually every time I go out of the project.

BTW - I don't see a way to move the topic to another forum. If possible please move it via some admin tools.
Previous Topic:Neon 3 Javascript and JSON validation
Next Topic:Why does Eclipse think something cannot be null?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:47:59 GMT 2024