Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem just writing code using pydev in Eclipse (I need help starting code)
Problem just writing code using pydev in Eclipse [message #1766032] Thu, 15 June 2017 00:35 Go to next message
Harry McPhail is currently offline Harry McPhailFriend
The interface that allows me to usually write code is unavailable. I'm not sure what I've done and I'm very new to Eclipse. The box that allows me to do this is just white and I can't type in it. I have Python 3.6 as the interpreter. I select new project and pydev with the correct interpreter and grammar version selected. The screen I get is unusable however and I've attached a picture of what it looks like. Also, I have the pydev "perspective" selected. Any help would be much appreciated as this is very frustrating. It has worked in the past but I've done something I guess. I'm using Eclipse IDE for Java Developers as instructed by the teacher.
Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
Build id: 20170314-1500

index.php/fa/29667/0/
Re: Problem just writing code using pydev in Eclipse [message #1766101 is a reply to message #1766032] Thu, 15 June 2017 17:12 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Creating a new project is a separate action from creating a source file, and opening it in the right editor. Most large Python applications have many differently named files and modules, so creating one automatically isn't generally done. Check the Fikle->New menu to create a Python source file.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Oxygen RC3 does not include IDE for Java EE
Next Topic:Classes involved with the main menubar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:32:35 GMT 2024