Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » FontDialog widget problem on windows 7, 8, 10
FontDialog widget problem on windows 7, 8, 10 [message #1765588] Mon, 12 June 2017 15:12
ayman salah is currently offline ayman salahFriend
I am using Eclipse 3.7.0 for plugin development and I am using Xtext 2.9.2. My editor preferences isn't working correctly.

On windows 7, 8, 10 this happens:
- On 64 bit builds, I am not able to change editor font. Hitting the change button does nothing but change the mouse to the busy/sandclock for a second and then back again to normal.
*** The same 64 bit builds were tested on windows XP and everything works as it should. ***
- On 32 bit builds, everything works as expected and the windows font picker dialog appears.
enter image description here

This is how I create the preference page:

@Override
protected void createFieldEditors() {
  // Add show font preference
  fontField = new FontFieldEditor(JFaceResources.TEXT_FONT, EDIT_EDITOR_FONT_LABEL, getFieldEditorParent());
  addField(fontField);

fontField.setPreferenceStore(getPreferenceStore());

// initialize the font preference with the default resources font if not initialized
  String defaultFont = getPreferenceStore().getDefaultString(JFaceResources.TEXT_FONT);
  if(defaultFont.isEmpty()) {
     font= JFaceResources.getTextFont();
     if (font != null) {
        FontData[] data= font.getFontData();
        if (data != null && data.length > 0) {
           PreferenceConverter.setDefault(getPreferenceStore(), JFaceResources.TEXT_FONT, data[0]);
        }
     }
  }
}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The .log file is empty and has nothing that is beneficial.

While debugging, I went to org.eclipse.swt.widgets.FontDialog.java and found that this line always returns false without the dialog appearing:

/* Open the dialog */
boolean success = OS.ChooseFont (lpcf)

From what I understand this call should be blocking and will only return when the dialog is closed either by X, OK or Cancel buttons but it returns immediately with false.

I also tried something as minimal as this example http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/SWT-JFace-Eclipse/FontDialogExample.htm and same thing happens.
Previous Topic:Neon - FromEditor pages are disposed 2x
Next Topic:internal API use vs. code clone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 16 20:45:06 GMT 2017