Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to performing a action after eclipse ide initialization is done ?
How to performing a action after eclipse ide initialization is done ? [message #1765349] Thu, 08 June 2017 15:26 Go to next message
Gayan Perera is currently offline Gayan PereraFriend
I'm trying to develop a plugin to toggle eclipse menu. I have beign success upto the point where i can toggle the menu from a toolbar button and update the toggle state upon eclipse start-up based on Workbench Window activate event. But this is not ideal since sometimes the activation event is not fired when the IDE started up.

I would like to know a more stable event/hook where i can update the menu after the Workbench Window is loaded and perspective is loaded and menu is updated. So in this event i have all the menu i need to hide already loaded. Is there such event/hook available in eclipse platform to archive this ?

Source code of the plugin can be found at https://github.com/gayanper/eclipse-themes

[Updated on: Thu, 08 June 2017 15:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to performing a action after eclipse ide initialization is done ? [message #1766009 is a reply to message #1765349] Wed, 14 June 2017 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
The better way to do this is to use Commands and Handlers, and have your command handler implement IElementUpdater. That provides your handler the opportunity to update the check/toggle state of each menu or tool item where it has been bound.
Re: How to performing a action after eclipse ide initialization is done ? [message #1766626 is a reply to message #1766009] Fri, 23 June 2017 15:28 Go to previous message
Gayan Perera is currently offline Gayan PereraFriend
Thanks for the information. i will try out this and update this post :)
Previous Topic:Installing bug
Next Topic:How to set float(tilte) part size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:08:47 GMT 2024