Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » (symbol) could not be resolved
(symbol) could not be resolved [message #1765064] Tue, 06 June 2017 10:37 Go to next message
Cristian Fuentes is currently offline Cristian FuentesFriend
I am using e2studio which I understand is based on Eclipse
I am trying to build a project (which is correct -I received it from the makers of my microcontroller) but I got the following errors:

1) printf (and size_t and all int types) can not be resolved

2) also "recipe for target failed"

The toolchain is GCC ARM Embedded

This is the first time I use Eclipse for development and I am wondering if anyone can help me here. i suspect is some settings which are not properly set

Thanks in advance
Re: (symbol) could not be resolved [message #1765115 is a reply to message #1765064] Tue, 06 June 2017 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
It looks like your question on stackoverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44387263/printfor-size-t-or-other-cannot-be-resolved is on its way to being closed. We can try to help here.

As a starting point though I include the comments from the stackoverflow question:

If you open the "Console" view you should get all the build errors. Please include them. As your problem sounds like errors when you build (run the compiler) the solutions about the indexer are not relevant. Also, Renesas also has its own support forum renesasrulz.com Jonah Graham 9 hours ago

Don't make us guess. If you have an error message, provide an exact copy of it in your question. As currently written, this question cannot be answered. IInspectable 8 hours ago
Re: (symbol) could not be resolved [message #1765140 is a reply to message #1765115] Wed, 07 June 2017 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it
Being a newbie with eclipse I didnt know where the console was, but now I got it. Here they are: (I had to translate a very few of the lines since my IDE is in japanese)

Quote:

09:17:15 **** プロジェクト FirstSimple に対する構成 Debug の 逐次ビルド ****
Configuration for Project FirstSimple Sequential build of Debug
make all
'ビルドするファイル(File to Build): ../mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.c'
'呼び出し中(Calling): Cross ARM C Compiler'
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-a9 -march=armv7-a -marm -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfpv3 -mno-unaligned-access -O2 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-common -Wall -Wextra -g -DDEVICE_ERROR_PATTERN=1 -DARM_MATH_CA9 -D__FPU_PRESENT -D__MBED__=1 -DDEVICE_I2CSLAVE=1 -DTARGET_LIKE_MBED -DDEVICE_PORTINOUT=1 -DDEVICE_PORTIN=1 -DTOOLCHAIN_object -DDEVICE_SERIAL_ASYNCH=1 -DDEVICE_RTC -D__CMSIS_RTOS -D__EVAL -DTOOLCHAIN_GCC -DTARGET_CORTEX_A -DDEVICE_CAN=1 -DMBED_BUILD_TIMESTAMP=1487815611.57 -DDEVICE_I2C_ASYNCH=1 -DTARGET_UVISOR_UNSUPPORTED -D__MBED_CMSIS_RTOS_CA9 -DTARGET_LIKE_CORTEX_A9 -DDEVICE_SERIAL=1 -DTARGET_MBRZA1LU -DDEVICE_INTERRUPTIN=1 -DDEVICE_I2C=1 -DDEVICE_PORTOUT=1 -DDEVICE_STDIO_MESSAGES=1 -DDEVICE_SPI_ASYNCH=1 -DTARGET_RENESAS -DTARGET_RELEASE -DDEVICE_SERIAL_FC=1 -DTARGET_RZA1XX -DTARGET_RZA1UL -DTARGET_A9 -D__CORTEX_A9 -DTARGET_GR_LYCHEE -DTARGET_FF_ARDUINO -DTOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM -DDEVICE_SPI=1 -DDEVICE_SPISLAVE=1 -DDEVICE_ANALOGIN=1 -DDEVICE_PWMOUT=1 -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\cmsis" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\cmsis\TOOLCHAIN_GCC" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\cmsis\TOOLCHAIN_GCC\TARGET_CORTEX_A" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\drivers" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\events" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\events\equeue" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\netsocket" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\filesystem" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\filesystem\bd" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\filesystem\fat" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\filesystem\fat\ChaN" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\hal" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\hal\storage_abstraction" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\platform" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\rtos" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\rtos\rtx" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\rtos\rtx\TARGET_CORTEX_A" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\rtos\rtx\TARGET_CORTEX_A\TOOLCHAIN_GCC" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\common" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device\inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device\inc\iobitmasks" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device\inc\iodefines" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\TARGET_MBED_MBRZA1LU" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\components" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\components\LCD_config_lychee" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\components\MAX9867_RBSP" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\components\TLV320_RBSP" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\dcache-control" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\EasyAttach_CameraAndLCD" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets\TARGET_RZA1UL" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets\TARGET_RZA1UL\drivers" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets\TARGET_RZA1UL\drivers\vdc5" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets\TARGET_RZA1UL\drivers\vdc5\include" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\config" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\jcu" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\jcu\inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\ospl" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\ospl\inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\ospl\src" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\api" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_src" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_src\dma" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_src\scux" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_src\ssif" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\tools" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features\filesystem" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features\filesystem\sd" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features\filesystem\spif" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features\filesystem\test" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBAudio" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb0\inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb1\inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBHID" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBMIDI" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBMSD" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBSerial" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb0" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb0\inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb1" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb1\inc" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost3GModule" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostHID" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostHub" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostMIDI" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostMSD" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostSerial" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple" -I"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs" -include"C:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed_config.h" -std=c99 -MMD -MP -MF"mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.d" -MT"mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.o" -c -o "mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.o" "../mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.c"
mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/subdir.mk:30: recipe for target 'mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.o' failed
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-a9 -march=armv7-a -marm -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfpv3 -mno-unaligned-access -O2 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-common -Wall -Wextra -g -DDEVICE_ERROR_PATTERN=1 -DARM_MATH_CA9 -D__FPU_PRESENT -D__MBED__=1 -DDEVICE_I2CSLAVE=1 -DTARGET_LIKE_MBED -DDEVICE_PORTINOUT=1 -DDEVICE_PORTIN=1 -DTOOLCHAIN_object -DDEVICE_SERIAL_ASYNCH=1 -DDEVICE_RTC -D__CMSIS_RTOS -D__EVAL -DTOOLCHAIN_GCC -DTARGET_CORTEX_A -DDEVICE_CAN=1 -DMBED_BUILD_TIMESTAMP=1487815611.57 -DDEVICE_I2C_ASYNCH=1 -DTARGET_UVISOR_UNSUPPORTED -D__MBED_CMSIS_RTOS_CA9 -DTARGET_LIKE_CORTEX_A9 -DDEVICE_SERIAL=1 -DTARGET_MBRZA1LU -DDEVICE_INTERRUPTIN=1 -DDEVICE_I2C=1 -DDEVICE_PORTOUT=1 -DDEVICE_STDIO_MESSAGES=1 -DDEVICE_SPI_ASYNCH=1 -DTARGET_RENESAS -DTARGET_RELEASE -DDEVICE_SERIAL_FC=1 -DTARGET_RZA1XX -DTARGET_RZA1UL -DTARGET_A9 -D__CORTEX_A9 -DTARGET_GR_LYCHEE -DTARGET_FF_ARDUINO -DTOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM -DDEVICE_SPI=1 -DDEVICE_SPISLAVE=1 -DDEVICE_ANALOGIN=1 -DDEVICE_PWMOUT=1 -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\cmsis -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\cmsis\TOOLCHAIN_GCC -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\cmsis\TOOLCHAIN_GCC\TARGET_CORTEX_A -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\drivers -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\events -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\events\equeue -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\netsocket -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\filesystem -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\filesystem\bd -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\filesystem\fat -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\features\filesystem\fat\ChaN -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\hal -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\hal\storage_abstraction -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\platform -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\rtos -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\rtos\rtx -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\rtos\rtx\TARGET_CORTEX_A -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\rtos\rtx\TARGET_CORTEX_A\TOOLCHAIN_GCC -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\common -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device\inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device\inc\iobitmasks -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device\inc\iodefines -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\device\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\TARGET_GR_LYCHEE\TARGET_MBED_MBRZA1LU -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\components -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\components\LCD_config_lychee -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\components\MAX9867_RBSP -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\components\TLV320_RBSP -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\dcache-control -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\EasyAttach_CameraAndLCD -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets\TARGET_RZA1UL -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets\TARGET_RZA1UL\drivers -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets\TARGET_RZA1UL\drivers\vdc5 -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GR-PEACH_video\targets\TARGET_RZA1UL\drivers\vdc5\include -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\config -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\jcu -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\jcu\inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\ospl -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\ospl\inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\GraphicsFramework\ospl\src -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\api -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_src -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_src\dma -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_src\scux -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\RenesasBSP\drv_src\ssif -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\R_BSP\tools -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features\filesystem -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features\filesystem\sd -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features\filesystem\spif -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\SDBlockDevice_GRBoard\sd-driver-hs\features\filesystem\test -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBAudio -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb0\inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBDevice\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb1\inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBHID -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBMIDI -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBMSD -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBDevice\USBSerial -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb0 -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb0\inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb1 -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost\TARGET_RENESAS\TARGET_RZA1XX\usb1\inc -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHost3GModule -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostHID -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostHub -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostMIDI -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostMSD -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs\USBHost_custom\USBHostSerial -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple -IC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed-gr-libs -includeC:\Users\Admin\e2_studio\workspace\FirstSimple\mbed_config.h -std=c99 -MMD -MP -MFmbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.d -MTmbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.o -c -o mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.o ../mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.c, ...) failed.
make (e=2): �w�肳�ꂽ�t�@�C�������‚���܂���B

make: *** [mbed-os/targets/TARGET_RENESAS/TARGET_RZA1XX/common/cmsis_nvic.o] Error 2

09:17:16 Build Failed. 2 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.301ms)

As you can see, the console message does not give the error "printf cannot be resolved" and such
These only appear in the main window (underlined by red) and in the "Problems" window (next to console)
Re: (symbol) could not be resolved [message #1765142 is a reply to message #1765140] Wed, 07 June 2017 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
The question at stackoverflow is a bit more informative.
It contains the text: process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-a9 ...) failed.
make (e=2):
< and something unprintable >

It likely means that the shell (bash?) or arm-none-eabi-gcc couldn't be found in the execution path.
My guess is the latter but only you are in a position to know.
It could also explain the indexer errors as the compiler built-ins probably failed as well.
You may find this helpful: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33674973/makefile-error-make-e-2-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified
Or google CreateProcess or parts of the error text for other links.

run make -n from a command prompt (you have to be in the Debug directory).
This will show you the commands that make will attempt (a dry run).
Then run the command to compile cmsis_nvic from that list and see what you get.
If it fails during the command prompt, you have a configuration problem that's independent of Eclipse.

Re: (symbol) could not be resolved [message #1765166 is a reply to message #1765142] Wed, 07 June 2017 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The other possibility here is that the command line is simply too long. The command line length in the command that failed is over 10,000 characters long. On Windows the maximum is 8,192 characters. Which version of Windows are you using?

The short term solution is to try to shorten your path names. The longer term solution is to be in touch with the vendor (Renesas) to get them to fix the tools shipped.
Re: (symbol) could not be resolved [message #1765175 is a reply to message #1765166] Wed, 07 June 2017 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Could be command line length but, according to MSDN documentation, the maximum command line (second parameter to CreateProcess) including the terminating NULL is 32,768 characters.
Hard to say if this is the case here. Something to consider though.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682425

Note: there is a maximum command line length for cmd.exe which is much shorter
This could cause problems trying to execute the make commands directly at the command prompt.
A possible solution specific to GNU ARM for Eclipse (a bit old)
https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/03/29/solving-the-8192-character-command-line-limit-on-windows/

It's also possible to use the @file construct to pass parameters to GCC but you may need to use a custom makefile.
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Overall-Options.html#Overall-Options

Then, too, a 10,000 limit appears when using MinGW with spawn.
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/LongCmdLinesOnWin32
But it appears make is using CreateProcess.
A lot depends on what that unprintable message contains.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 June 2017 09:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: (symbol) could not be resolved [message #1765177 is a reply to message #1765175] Wed, 07 June 2017 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks David. Yes I got confused between the two different limits.

PS David, are you interested in becoming a CDT Committer/code contributor as well? Your contributions on the forum are great for the community!
Re: (symbol) could not be resolved [message #1765179 is a reply to message #1765177] Wed, 07 June 2017 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Thought about it however I've just changed jobs and my time is limited.
Perhaps when things settle down.
Re: (symbol) could not be resolved [message #1765274 is a reply to message #1765179] Thu, 08 June 2017 01:06 Go to previous message
I was just reading a book on a different matter (how to set Eclipse to develop for STM32 processors), and I found something that might have something to do.
In it it says that sometimes "the GNU ARM plug-in can not locate the GNU cross-compiler folder". So I tried something similar in my e2studio setup and I found ( I made a screenshot but sorry I dont know how to upload it here) that under C/C++-> Build->Global Tool Paths, indeed the paths are empty.
It says "Build Tools folder" and "Toolchain folder".
Now in this book, the tools folder are in Build Tools\bin and the toolchain in \gcc-arm\bin but now I am trying to see where they are in my installation (GNUARM-NONEv16.01-EABI)
Previous Topic:Project Explorer #undef warning
Next Topic:Getting type information from AST
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:39:51 GMT 2024