Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Checksum Calculation(Need to know how the checksum is getting calculated in eclipse IDE)
Checksum Calculation [message #1765059] Tue, 06 June 2017 10:10 Go to next message
Sudhu K is currently offline Sudhu KFriend
Hi,
I am using the below eclipse version.

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers

Version: Kepler Release
Build id: 20130614-0229

For me the Header Sum , Binary-only CRC and File Checksum are getting generated once my build is over.
But when I am generating the check sum for the same setup up files (Project) using batch script written the checksum I am getting is different.
So want to know how the checksum are getting calculated in Eclipse IDE . And what and all changes I need to do whether ,
1. the way the files are getting compiled.
2. The way it is getting assembled
3. The way the files are getting linked

so that for me in both of the cased the checksum are same.

Thanks,
Sudhu
Re: Checksum Calculation [message #1765116 is a reply to message #1765059] Tue, 06 June 2017 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi Sudhu,

All the information you need is in the build console. Open the "Console" view and it will show you all the command lines used to do your build. If, after seeing that, you have questions still, please supply that here.

However, a couple of notes:
1- AFAIK Standard Eclipse for C/C++ Developers does not generate a separate checksum
2- Kepler is now 4 years old. It may work ok for some stuff, but it will also struggle with newer C++ code, compiler features and gdb versions. Current release is Eclipse Neon 4.6.2 and Eclipse Oxygen 4.7 is due for release in a few weeks.

Jonah
Re: Checksum Calculation [message #1765152 is a reply to message #1765116] Wed, 07 June 2017 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sudhu K is currently offline Sudhu KFriend
Hi Jonah,

Thanks for your information.
But the c++ code is not based on new c++ standards.
What I am facing issue is the checksum generated by Eclipse IDE and the checksum generated by own written batch script file is different though the commands used is same.

So I want to know eclipse IDE what takes into consideration while generating checksum so that the same I can check in my batch script file.

For example :- If there are folders to get compiled so how in eclipse IDE it is getting compiled the same should get compiled in case of batch script file.

Thanks,
Sudhu
Re: Checksum Calculation [message #1765168 is a reply to message #1765152] Wed, 07 June 2017 08:14 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
HI Sudhu,

As I mentioned all the commands should be visible in the build "Console" view. Have you looked at how the commands are being issued?

Occasionally I have a problem where things appear to be behaving differently inside/outside Eclipse. One thing I often do is add a call to "env" or "set" in the pre-build steps so that the environment is printed before the build runs. That may show some differences to the environment that your independent shell is running.

Thanks,
Jonah
Previous Topic:Default binary path
Next Topic:Project Explorer #undef warning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:53:54 GMT 2024