Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Beginers basic questions(* character and {} highlight)
Beginers basic questions [message #1764731] Thu, 01 June 2017 18:03 Go to next message
Pete Watters is currently offline Pete WattersFriend
{} are a pair when you click one the correspond one will be high lighted with a gray background which is hard to see. Is there a way to change this breakground to something that easier to see?

When I type * for a multipication line A * B the * does not get entered - its like I have a stuck key on the keyboard but that is not it. I can type a * in mote pad and copy and paste it but I can not directly enter it - why?

What am I missing

Thanks
Re: Beginers basic questions [message #1764752 is a reply to message #1764731] Fri, 02 June 2017 06:05 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Pete Watters wrote on Thu, 01 June 2017 14:03
{} are a pair when you click one the correspond one will be high lighted with a gray background which is hard to see. Is there a way to change this breakground to something that easier to see?

Not exactly. Take a good look throught the Preferences dialog (Window->Preferences). The Java Editor preferences, specifically, are what you're looking for.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Fri, 02 June 2017 06:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Random Crashes on Linux Mint 17.1
Next Topic:Setting up eclipse for Scala development with Maven
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:10:31 GMT 2024