Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How do you change the theme?
How do you change the theme? [message #1763738] Fri, 19 May 2017 08:38 Go to next message
Tim Kangas is currently offline Tim KangasFriend
What I would like to do is install the Visual Studio Dark theme. I downloaded the .xml theme file and I went into the Preferences and told it to import the file, but nothing changes.

And I should add that nothing changes with any of the other themes I tell Eclipse to use.

I have downloaded that Color Theme plugin, and I have seen all these themes which you are supposed to be able to use, but when I select one of them and hit Apply or OK, nothing changes.

And why do you see nothing but a white square that has the words Color Theme in the window to the right of where you select a new theme? Shouldn't you be able to see a preview instead of looking a a dumb white square?

I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

I've followed the videos and watched what other people are doing, but it ain't working for me.

I'm currently using Xeon for Java.
Re: How do you change the theme? [message #1763890 is a reply to message #1763738] Mon, 22 May 2017 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Kangas is currently offline Tim KangasFriend
And this Ladies and Gentlemen is one of the reasons to stay away from Eclipse. Poor support.
Re: How do you change the theme? [message #1763913 is a reply to message #1763890] Mon, 22 May 2017 20:26 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Sass doesn't tend to go over well in a forum, and neither do questions that lack the kind of information someone would need to reproduce and diagnose the underlying cause.

1) Where can someone get their hands on this theme you mentioned?
2) Is it supposed to need the Color Theme plug-in to work? Do you have a screenshot of it misbehaving, or of the UI in question?
3) What videos?
4) There was a weekend in that time span, and the majority of forum readers are volunteering their time.
5) What is "Xeon for Java"?

https://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 22 May 2017 20:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Cannot install Kotlin Plugin in Ubuntu 16.04
Next Topic:Empty plugin list in the Import Wizard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:15:41 GMT 2024