Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Update JRE preferences issue
Update JRE preferences issue [message #1760722] Tue, 02 May 2017 12:19 Go to next message
Laurent Delemotte is currently offline Laurent DelemotteFriend
Hi,

I've created an eclipse config shared across users into a repository SVN.

Everything works fine but today, I have to update the JRE.

In the eclipse.ini, no problem, the new path is used.
But the Installed JRE preferences (org.eclipse.jdt.launching/PREF_VM_XML) aren't updated, the setup task is skipped.

I see in another topic there are an issue when a setup task concern a XML blob (cf https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1074416/ ).
An the setup task about the installed JRE is one of them.

Is there a solution or workaround to enforce the update ?

In fact, I have the same issue with :
- formatter profiles setup task (org.eclipse.jdt.ui/formatterprofiles)
- cleanup profiles setup task (org.eclipse.jdt.ui/cleanupprofiles)
- tomcat config setup task (who is a resource creation so seems to be a differente problem)

Thanks
Re: Update JRE preferences issue [message #1760886 is a reply to message #1760722] Thu, 04 May 2017 06:41 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not even sure what preference one edits to change the value of org.eclipse.jdt.launching/PREF_VM_XML. JRE task now has a Name property and the matching existing JRE is found via this name (rather than via the location as previously), so it's easier now to use named JREs and to update the location for that name. Maybe that helps? The formatter and cleanup profiles should work well because they have specialized merged support. But yes, any XML blob will not overwrite an existing value. Perhaps we add something to allow that to be forced (at the risk of always overwriting any user additions).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Can the Preference Recorder record preferences changed outside the main Preferences dialog?
Next Topic:Eclipse Installer by oomph with Eclipse Indigo 3.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:33:02 GMT 2024