Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Odd behavior with Maven runner and toolbars under KDE
Odd behavior with Maven runner and toolbars under KDE [message #1760598] Fri, 28 April 2017 18:26 Go to next message
Matias Pentreath is currently offline Matias PentreathFriend
Hi there,

I'm having the followed issue, wanted to mention it to see if perhaps anyone has any trick that could help

Scenario
We have our AUT that has some custom toolbar icons and we have some tests cases that use these buttons in the toolbar and perform some validations over the actions that they trigger.

Issue
When running the AUT through Maven in Linux with KDE the toolbar and the buttons are not shown and the test fail because the buttons can't be find.

Notes:
* When running under Windows, Mac or even Gnome everything works fine
* When running in Linux with KDE from RCPTT IDE it works fine
* I Even created a whole new project and run it again with to avoid any previous Tests garbage left in the AUT or Context or whatever could be left, so having a new clean project with a single test that does this, fails because the toolbar does not appear.
* I tried to manually add the buttons to the toolbar by going to the Window > Perspective > Customize Perspective but oddly when trying to do that the test fails.
* I'm attaching some screenshots of the missing buttons, the bad quality it's because I'm using VNC over an Amazon EC2 instance

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

Re: Odd behavior with Maven runner and toolbars under KDE [message #1763759 is a reply to message #1760598] Fri, 19 May 2017 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
Hi Matias,

You wrote: "I tried to manually add the buttons to the toolbar by going to the Window > Perspective > Customize Perspective but oddly when trying to do that the test fails."
Could you provide more information about this point? What is the error? Do you try to add the buttons before the test started?
Maybe you can record the steps to add the buttons and execute it in 'Ecl Script' context before the main test execution.
Re: Odd behavior with Maven runner and toolbars under KDE [message #1763778 is a reply to message #1763759] Fri, 19 May 2017 14:49 Go to previous message
Matias Pentreath is currently offline Matias PentreathFriend
Hi Viktoria, thanks for your comment.

What you mentioned is what I tried but what happens when I do that is that the Customize Perspective window doesn't open and then the test automatically fails. It doesn't give me any useful error message, I really don't have more useful information and I had to skip the test under linux.
Previous Topic:Direct the .log files from configuration directory to my running directory
Next Topic:check if object appears
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:10:08 GMT 2024