Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Is it possible to call @Check method only once in validation(Is it possible to call @Check method only once in validation)
icon5.gif  Is it possible to call @Check method only once in validation [message #1759847] Wed, 19 April 2017 04:46 Go to next message
Venkata Santosh Lingam is currently offline Venkata Santosh LingamFriend
I have created xtext project with MyDSL grammar.

1. In my project, i have 10 mydsl files with same data( for some reason i have segregated to 10 files). But when we clean the project i want @Check method in validation to be called only once for all the files.

Is it possible to call the @Check method only once for all the 10 dsl files?

2. And i tried Calling Validator class from BuilderParticipant without @Check method in validation.

@Override
public Class<? extends IXtextBuilderParticipant> bindIXtextBuilderParticipant() {
return MyBuilderParticipant.class;
}

In MyBuilderParticipant.java, i want to call few methods where i can do validations.

error(String message, EObject source, EStructuralFeature feature)
i was getting below exception when i call the above "error" method with out @Check method

!MESSAGE org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.XtextBuilder -

!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.xtext.validation.AbstractDeclarativeValidator.acceptError(AbstractDeclarativeValidator.java:555)
at org.eclipse.xtext.validation.AbstractDeclarativeValidator.error(AbstractDeclarativeValidator.java:441)
at org.eclipse.xtext.validation.AbstractDeclarativeValidator.error(AbstractDeclarativeValidator.java:431)
at org.eclipse.xtext.validation.AbstractDeclarativeValidator.error(AbstractDeclarativeValidator.java:427)
at com.bosch.tt.sitt.spec.validation.CustomSpecValidator.issue(CustomSpecValidator.java:66)
at com.bosch.tt.sitt.spec.validation.CustomSpecValidator.issue(CustomSpecValidator.java:17)
at com.bosch.tt.sitt.spec.validation.SpecValidator.validate(SpecValidator.java:41)
at com.bosch.tt.sitt.spec.ui.SpecBuilderParticipant.buildProject(SpecBuilderParticipant.java:74)
at com.bosch.tt.sitt.spec.ui.SpecBuilderParticipant.build(SpecBuilderParticipant.java:36)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.RegistryBuilderParticipant$DeferredBuilderParticipant.build(RegistryBuilderParticipant.java:161)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.RegistryBuilderParticipant.build(RegistryBuilderParticipant.java:69)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.XtextBuilder.doBuild(XtextBuilder.java:291)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.XtextBuilder.fullBuild(XtextBuilder.java:319)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.XtextBuilder.build(XtextBuilder.java:155)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:735)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:206)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:246)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:301)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:304)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:360)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:383)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:144)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Is it possible to call error/warning/info method without using @Check method?

[Updated on: Wed, 19 April 2017 06:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is it possible to call @Check method only once in validation [message #1759898 is a reply to message #1759847] Wed, 19 April 2017 16:17 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

1) No, it will be called for each instance of the declared parameter.
2) No good idea. You will miss some injections.

I don't get the reason why you want to achieve this. Sounds really unusual.
Previous Topic:is it possible to call @check method only once in validation?
Next Topic:Reduce available JvmTypes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:56:27 GMT 2024