Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse not working with git(Eclipse and Git Syncing)
Eclipse not working with git [message #1759616] Thu, 13 April 2017 21:25 Go to next message
Meghan King is currently offline Meghan KingFriend
I have been using eclipse and github desktop to work on a group project, and recently it has not been working. When I pull from the git (sync using github desktop), the files that are already on my eclipse update, but if any new files were added, they do not show up in eclipse.

The pull is working, as the new files show up in my local repository. So I can compile and run the code using terminal, but I get errors in eclipse because files are missing. How do I fix this??

(When I try to pull directly on eclipse, it tells me there is nothing to fetch b/c everything is up to date)

Thank you
Re: Eclipse not working with git [message #1759652 is a reply to message #1759616] Fri, 14 April 2017 14:40 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
If you use an external program to perform the git fetch/merge, you will have to let Eclipse know to look for changes by selecting the project in Eclipse and performing a refresh (right click->Refresh or F5). Eclipse won't know about new files until it performs the refresh.

The Eclipse fetch isn't changing anything because the github desktop has already updated the files. If you only use Eclipse for your git functions (commit, fetch, pull, etc) It will know about the changes since it is participating in the process.
Previous Topic:Neon.2 update failure
Next Topic:Which Eclipse should I download?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:40:55 GMT 2024