Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Is there a work around for this problem - EMF tutorial and error launching debug as Eclipse App.(Is there a work around for this problem - EMF tutorial and error launching debug as Eclipse App.)
Is there a work around for this problem - EMF tutorial and error launching debug as Eclipse App. [message #1759267] Sun, 09 April 2017 15:36 Go to next message
Chris Champion is currently offline Chris ChampionFriend
I am attempting to follow this tutorial. I cannot paste the link in the message because "You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 1 message."
but the tutorial is at

eclipsesource dot com/blogs/tutorials/emf-tutorial/

I believe that I am experiencing this bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=511117

Following the tutorial I get to the step where is says to "Right click on the plugin containing the ecore file and select "Debug as → Eclipse Application". This will start a new runtime Eclipse.". When I perform this step I get the exact error message as described in that bug which is "org.apache.xmlrpc Missing Constraint: Import-Package: javax.xml.bind; version="0.0.0".

I can ignore this error and the new Eclipse runtime opens but I see NullReferenceExceptions in the Console window and nothing appears to be working in the new runtime as the tutorial describes. I suspect this validation error is the problem.

Google has been very little help.

I installed Eclipse using the Eclipse Installer. I am using ubuntu 16.04 and Eclipse Modeling Tools Neon.3 latest version. I have also tried Eclipse IDE for Java Developers and installed EMF from within Eclipse Help. I get the same problem using both. I am using JavaSE-1.8 JRE.
Re: Is there a work around for this problem - EMF tutorial and error launching debug as Eclipse App. [message #1759274 is a reply to message #1759267] Sun, 09 April 2017 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Chris,

If you close (right-click in the Project Explorer -> Close Project) the plugin projects created through this tutorial, does the error message go away?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[Updated on: Sun, 09 April 2017 12:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is there a work around for this problem - EMF tutorial and error launching debug as Eclipse App. [message #1797780 is a reply to message #1759267] Tue, 06 November 2018 11:32 Go to previous message
Luca Berardinelli is currently offline Luca BerardinelliFriend
Hi all,
This problem is back again, at least on my platform (Oxygen).

So I imagine that the bug is still here or it has been solved?

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=511117

Luca Berardinelli
Previous Topic:Basic question about import
Next Topic:bug or configuration error on new install?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:17:26 GMT 2024