Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problem with Static profile generation(Stereotype not displayed after generation of static profile)
Problem with Static profile generation [message #1759258] Sat, 08 April 2017 15:25 Go to next message
Tonero toneo is currently offline Tonero toneoFriend
I generated a static profile by following the help link below
http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.profile.doc%2Ftarget%2Fgenerated-eclipse-help%2Fusers%2FgeneratingStaticProfiles.html

When I run my plugin, the stereotypes in my UML profile are not recognized. If i specify the UML profile by selecting registered profile, it still does not work.

If I remove the extension below then it works
<extension point="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.generated_package">
<!-- @generated cerbac.profile -->
<package
uri="http://www.utd.edu/cse/Cerbac"
class="edu.utd.cse.cerbac.profile.cerbacprofile.CerbacProfilePackage"
genModel="resources/profiles/cerbac.profile.genmodel"/>
</extension>

I cant seem to understand why the dynamic profile works but the static definition does not work.

The source code is hosted in git:
https://github.com/tonero101/cerbac.git
Re: Problem with Static profile generation [message #1759364 is a reply to message #1759258] Mon, 10 April 2017 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still on this issue. I spent a few days trying to compare my implementation with the library sample and I see no difference. Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Problem with Static profile generation [message #1759394 is a reply to message #1759364] Tue, 11 April 2017 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

When you have a working and a non-working version, you can find the solution by 'binary search'. Split the difference between working/non-working and see whether it works. Iterate till the difference is tiny.

In practice it may be easier to successively refactor the working version towards the non-working version.

Take care to save (GIT commit) your best attempt and restart/rebuild if anything odd happens, otherwise you risk getting fooled by an incremental build failure forcing you to start all over again.

Take care not to have multiple registrations of the same class/model/namespace/tool or you again risk being fooled by a schizophrenia.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Problem with Static profile generation [message #1759466 is a reply to message #1759394] Tue, 11 April 2017 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed,

I already established the "tiny difference", its in the registration of the static profile
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.generated_package

So, I am still stuck..
Re: Problem with Static profile generation [message #1759483 is a reply to message #1759466] Wed, 12 April 2017 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Well seems like you've found the problem. Try comparing it with one that works. Perhaps the OCL4UML profile.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Problem with Static profile generation [message #1759557 is a reply to message #1759483] Thu, 13 April 2017 05:41 Go to previous message
I finally figured out the problem . It was with a trailing slash in the location parameter of the extension definition

<extension
point="org.eclipse.uml2.uml.generated_package">
<profile
location="pathmap://CERBAC_PROFILES/cerbac.profile.uml#_mEFgcA3mEeen2NFyc6Aifw/"
uri="http://www.utd.edu/cse/Cerbac">
</profile>
</extension>
Previous Topic:Block Diagram with System Requirements
Next Topic:DSML Validation Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:06:34 GMT 2024