Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » RadioHead library for Arduino CDT anyone?(How to intergrate this external lib with Arduino CDT?)
RadioHead library for Arduino CDT anyone? [message #1759104] Thu, 06 April 2017 12:41 Go to next message
Joachim Banzhaf is currently offline Joachim BanzhafFriend
Hi,

I have written a sketch that uses the RadioHead library on the arduino ide.
Since I now want to move to eclipse, how do I integrate this lib the proper eclipse way?
It is not available with the Arduino downloads manager.
I can download the zip file (http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/RadioHead/RadioHead-1.74.zip) and extract it. But where to? Anything else to configure in the IDE or will it then be picked up like the libs from the downloads manager (project properties/libraries)?

Thanks,
Joachim
Re: RadioHead library for Arduino CDT anyone? [message #1759119 is a reply to message #1759104] Thu, 06 April 2017 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Did you try unzipping it into the .arduino/libraries directory? If you install another library you can see what the format is. I do a directory scan looking for the libraries so it should be picked up there on Eclipse restart. If not, raise a bug and I can double check.
Re: RadioHead library for Arduino CDT anyone? [message #1759128 is a reply to message #1759119] Thu, 06 April 2017 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
The zip file does not contain a library, but the sources and headers. The Documents directory is empty. There are some README files, though.

It seems to me that some form of documentation or instructions are needed.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: RadioHead library for Arduino CDT anyone? [message #1759167 is a reply to message #1759128] Fri, 07 April 2017 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Doug: I unzipped the RadioHead directory in ~/.arduino/libraries. Unfortunately this did not work: It does not show up in the downloads manager libraries or project libraries.
I had to create that directory first. So far there were just an .arduino15/ and an .arduinocde/ in my home directory.

@Tauno: yes it does not contain a precompiled lib. It contains what the arduino.cc IDE expects in its libraries folder to be able to build and use the library from there automatically.

Sooner rather than later I want to build my own libs in eclipse, so learning how to integrate RadioHead lib sources as a separate eclipse project and use that in my sketch would help me a lot. I couldn't find an example so far, and there is only a template for sketch projects, but not for sketch libs.
Re: RadioHead library for Arduino CDT anyone? [message #1759354 is a reply to message #1759167] Mon, 10 April 2017 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russ Hedger is currently offline Russ HedgerFriend
I have managed to install the Radiohead libraries so that they are detected and compile by the Arduino CDT plugin. I'll detail this when I have my first post approved, when I should be able to post a message containing a URL.
Re: RadioHead library for Arduino CDT anyone? [message #1759431 is a reply to message #1759167] Tue, 11 April 2017 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russ Hedger is currently offline Russ HedgerFriend
joachim,

This is quite easy to do. In the Arduino plugin's libraries folder, create a subfolder naming the library, and within this a subfolder for the version, and unzip the Radiohead library into this. Using Radiohead 1.7.4 on Linux, I created a folder with this path:

.arduinocdt/libraries/Radiohead/1.7.4/

You then need to add a text file named 'library.properties' into the folder where you unzipped the Radiohead library. I edited one from an existing library to get the format:

name=Radiohead
version=1.7.4
author=Mike McCauley
maintainer=Mike McCauley
sentence=RadioHead Packet Radio library for embedded microprocessors
paragraph=This is the RadioHead Packet Radio library for embedded microprocessors. It provides a complete object-oriented library for sending and receiving packetized messages via a variety of common data radios and other transports on a range of embedded microprocessors.
category=Communication
url=http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/RadioHead/
architectures=*

Restart the Eclipse IDE and you will be able to add the library via the project properties menu (it shows up under Libraries --> Communication).
icon14.gif  Re: RadioHead library for Arduino CDT anyone? [message #1760099 is a reply to message #1759431] Sat, 22 April 2017 14:13 Go to previous message
Thanks! I'll try that.

P.S.: got it running Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 22 April 2017 18:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Can't find the location for the compiler settings in "Nios II software build tools for eclipse&
Next Topic:Linker can't "recognize" function, defined in another source file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:05:49 GMT 2024