Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Bundling and Codesigning for macOS
Bundling and Codesigning for macOS [message #1758927] Tue, 04 April 2017 16:44
Jim Klo is currently offline Jim KloFriend
We have an IDE we've been building for a number of years atop RCP. We've been supporting this product across macOS, Windows, and Linux, and were rooted on RCP 4.3. I recently updated things to utilize the RCP 4.6.2, which was rather painless, but for the most part we're still working out a few issues.

We use Tycho to build and package our App.

With macOS Sierra, the app signing and sandboxing rules changed causing our previously unsigned app to now fail to launch. After a bit of research, I came to the conclusion that due to some hard coded things in the 4.3 RCP, there wasn't a solution to resolve this - because of the way Apple's sandboxing now works.

So now I'm at that crossroads to move forward, but cannot seem to find any guidance.
There's this issue that kind of goes through a lot of detail, but I'm not exactly sure what I need to do.

I've now upgraded the version of the framework that we use to RCP 4.6.2, but now need to understand what I need to do with regards to eclipse.ini and the bundled JRE, and then how to proceed with the signing. Does Tycho resolve some of these issues?

Does there an exist an updated guide on how to deal with packaging of RCP for modern macOS (rather than trying to decipher the banter across numerous Bugzilla reports)?

Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:E3: Add a button to an EditorPart tool bar under some conditions
Next Topic:How to use deeplinking with RCP to develop web app communication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 21 01:48:14 GMT 2018