Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Oomph and .project files
Oomph and .project files [message #1758675] Fri, 31 March 2017 14:45 Go to next message
Niklaus Burger is currently offline Niklaus BurgerFriend
Dear all,

I read with much interest about all the possibilities of eclipse Oomph to facilitate project-specific eclipse installations.

However I am missing the link between the Oomph setup and the .project files. At the moment we try to keep the project specific settings in the .project files (i.e. custom build commands, custom defines per build configuration etc.)

How are the settings saved in the .project file related to the Oomph setup? Will they be overridden?

Furthermore, is it still a good idea to keep the .project files in the SVN repository?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Re: Oomph and .project files [message #1758685 is a reply to message #1758675] Fri, 31 March 2017 16:09 Go to previous message
Abel Hegedus is currently offline Abel HegedusFriend
Hi Niklaus,

Oomph "projects" are different from Eclipse IDE "projects" in your workspace.
Oomph projects are more related to Eclipse Foundations projects (such as Xtext, EMF, JDT, Mylyn, etc. see https://projects.eclipse.org/ ) as in you create a Setup model that describes how you want to set up a development environment for them.
As part of an Oomph setup, you will probably import actual workspace projects from e.g. a Git repository and if you are working on Eclipse related code (Plug-in projects) it is generally a good idea to keep .project files in the repository.

Hope that helps.
Previous Topic:[Solved] Compiler level not applied automatically
Next Topic:Access parent project stream name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:15:13 GMT 2024