Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Feature: Test script active while AUT is off
Feature: Test script active while AUT is off [message #1757880] Tue, 21 March 2017 07:57
Markus Manck is currently offline Markus ManckFriend
Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is any change that the following feature could be considered to be added:

-Execute a set of basic ECL commands that do not require the AUT (eg exec-process, read-filem ...) while the AUT is turned off within a testcase
-Restart the AUT at any point of a running testcase other than the directly depending restart-aut and wait-until-eclipse-is-ready calls.

The reason for this is, that I have a tons of tests that require preparation of database and licencing environment before and after a test has been executed that are interconnected. For example I want to prepare a database setting, start the AUT, check some behaviour, stop the AUT, change an element of the database environment, restart the AUT and then test if the behaviour has changed as expected, stop the AUT and cleanup.

With the currently existing contexts that only apply at the start of the testcase, and suites that do not enable to restart the AUT between testcases and have a pause during stop and start, this can only be managed by a lot of out of framework scripting and report construction which is possible but quite tiresome.

It would really help to have some AUT-off test elements that could be used.

Thanks for any answer in advance.

Markus
Previous Topic:Link to ECL commands is broken
Next Topic:RCPTT Developer Documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 21 20:34:56 GMT 2018