Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » FBTester(Unable to use FBTester. Please help.)
FBTester [message #1757854] Mon, 20 March 2017 18:14 Go to next message
Thierry DUVERNOY is currently offline Thierry DUVERNOYFriend
Hi all, i'm new in this forum, and I am evaluating all 4DIAC functions, step by step.

I am using 4DIAC Version: 1.8.4 Build id: 2017-02-01_1155 on a Vista 32 computer.

I am using XPlus3 existing sample project which works fine.

But I can't use FBTester, trying to test it on existing function F_ADD.

To test it, I proceed as follows :

a) In the Window \ Preferences \4DIAC \ FORTE preferences \ FORTE location is pointing on \runtime\FORTE\1.8.4\Win32\forte.exe.
b) In the Deployment view, I click on Launch Local FORTE button
c) In the Type Management view, I double clic on XPlus3\IEC61131-3\Arithmetic\F_ADD function block to open F_ADD window.
d) I click FBTester Tab, Then I select "FORTE Remote Tester" in the Test Configuration listbox, IP-Address 127.0.0.1 and Run time port 61499
e) When I clic "Start Testing FB", I am not able to use it, and following errors occured :

Either an Error popup "FB can not be tested because of the following error : <Response ID="0" Reason="INVALID_STATE" />

Either another one "FB can not be tested because of the following error : Software caused connection abort: recv failed"

And in the \workspace\.metadata\.log file, following log appears, (sometimes with another Unicode as (Unicode: 0x1) for instance) :

!ENTRY org.fordiac.fbtester 4 0 2017-03-20 17:26:48.656
!MESSAGE An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xb) was found in the value of attribute "value" and element is "Data".
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xb) was found in the value of attribute "value" and element is "Data".
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:278)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:882)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.load(XMLResourceImpl.java:846)
at org.fordiac.fbtester.configuration.FORTERemoteTester.sendRequest(FORTERemoteTester.java:303)
at org.fordiac.fbtester.configuration.FORTERemoteTester.access$1(FORTERemoteTester.java:285)
at org.fordiac.fbtester.configuration.FORTERemoteTester$TriggerRequestRunnable.run(FORTERemoteTester.java:279)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 3; columnNumber: 82; An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xb) was found in the value of attribute "value" and element is "Data".
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.scanAttributeValue(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanAttribute(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:258)
... 6 more

What's wrong ?

Please Help.

Thank you.

Re: FBTester [message #1757944 is a reply to message #1757854] Wed, 22 March 2017 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Monika Wenger is currently offline Monika WengerFriend
the F_ADD function block is a special one, since it has ANY_xxx interface elements. The data values of such Elements have to be typed, e.g. INT#2. This should solve your Problem, since my Tests on 1.8.4 have been successfull.
Re: FBTester [message #1758010 is a reply to message #1757944] Wed, 22 March 2017 18:05 Go to previous message
Thierry DUVERNOY is currently offline Thierry DUVERNOYFriend
Thank you very much Monika ! It works fine.
Previous Topic:Server disconection
Next Topic:4DIAC: Use of layers in EMB_RES editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:20:28 GMT 2024